To cut a very long story short: LimeSurvey has a lot of features and contains everything you need for doing nearly every survey with grace. Can't wait to get started? Try our demo or the free trial and use of LimeService!
LimeSurvey 2.x currently offers:
- Unlimited number of surveys at the same time
- Unlimited number of questions in a survey (only limited by your database)
- Unlimited number of participants to a survey
- Multi-lingual surveys
- 28 different question types with more to come
- WYSIWYG HTML editor
- Quotas management
- Integration of pictures and movies into a survey
- Creation of a printable survey version
- Conditions for questions depending on earlier answers (Skip Logic / Branching)
- Piping and Micro-tailoring using a powerful expression engine
- Re-usable editable answer sets
- Ready-made importable questions & surveys
- Assessment surveys
- Anonymous and Not-Anonymous survey
- Open and closed group of participant surveys
- Optional public registration for surveys
- Sending of invitations, reminders and tokens by email
- Option for participants to buffer answers to continue survey at a later time
- Cookie or session based surveys
- Template editor for creating your own page layout
- Extended and user-friendly administration interface
- Back-office data entry possibility
- Survey expiry dates for automation
- Enhanced import and export functions to text, CSV, PDF, SPSS, R, queXML and MS Excel format
- Basic statistical and graphical analysis with export facility
- Screen Reader Accessiblity
- W3C compliance
- A detailed manual is available in several languages in our Online Manual
....and many more small features we have left out so be sure to visit our online demo.
On top of that third-party modules are available to connect LimeSurvey to
Possible areas of application
Basically you can use Limesurvey for any type of data collection. Here are a few examples of how our users use Limesurvey:
- Ordinary marketing surveys
- Psychological tests
- Customer satisfaction surveys after buying from an online shop
- General data collection for example by phone at call centers
- Quality management (inter alia in the field)
- Query of candidate qualifications
- Order Form for Product Samples
- Invitation management for events ("I come with X people, we would like to eat Y and Z need overnight accommodations)
- Theory test for Driving School
- Review of lectures at universities
- Event tool like for college fests
Interested? You want to get started right away?
Still not sure ?
Take a sneak peek at our demo to see what LimeSurvey can do for you!
Check out our official LimeService partner site for reliable and free LimeSurvey hosting!
Get your own free LimeSurvey installation at LimeService!
In our template library you can find example surveys, label sets and question templates in various languages - be it a list of world countries or special question types.
Using the upload-feature you can contribute your files to the community, too.
Extensions are third-pary plug-ins for LimeSurvey to extend functionality and so we provide a directory of extensions. If you have created your own extension don't hesitate to submit it to our directory.View extensions
For Premium Package subscribers:
LTS versions & Additional templates
For our Premium package subscribers we offer 2.06 as a Long Term Support version (LTS). At least until December 2016 we will provide critical bug and security fixes for this version when needed.
Also we now offer 3 additional survey design templates for download.Download LTS version Download premium templates
A limited selection of older versions is still available in our files section. We recommend not to use those for production environments as the newest versions will always include better security than the previous ones.Download archived versions
If you'd like to see a working survey, please fill out our own survey. This survey is being run on LimeSurvey version 2.50+.
Stable v2.50+ Demo
We've made a v2.50+ demonstration version available for you to get a feel of this product.
Please be polite and don't abuse the demo. Some critical functions (like mail sending or modifying security settings) have been disabled.