Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Search Results (Searched for: template)

• tpartner
22 Jun 2023 19:09
Extend the survey theme and modify layout_survey_list.twig.

- manual.limesurvey.org/New_Template_System_in_LS3.x/en
  • holch
22 Jun 2023 19:05
Yes, this is possible, it is part of the theming system of Limesurvey. The standard survey theme in your installation is applied to the index page and you can extend a theme and adapt the template for the index page. The view you are looking for is called "survey list", just choose it in the top right corner of your theme editor.

manual.limesurvey.org/Theme_editor

But watch out, since LS3 the old pstpl mentioned at the bottom of this page do not exist anymore and things are run via twig files.

On a side note: The version LS 5.6.2+230125 is from 25/01/2023, so hasn't received any update, bug fix or security patch for a couple of months now. I would recommend an update.
  • mnorden
22 Jun 2023 16:51
Ah sorry, that's true.
Here is the version, we're using:
LimeSurvey Community Edition
Version 3.27.24+211108
What kind of template do you need?

I see your points with respect to double bookings. That could be an issue. Maybe then having two surveys would be better: One for just booking which is directly ended after the study. 
And an automated redirect (handing over the response from the first survey) to a follow-up survey for additional infos (e-mail, check ups) etc. To keep the time as short as possible that a user can "block" the date.

The cancellation is hard. Maybe we can have a hidden question in survey 1 that is automatically filled in with a pre-defined panel integration. Only users, who have booked a slot in survey 1 will get this link in their confirmation mail. Maybe this link can also include the previously (in survey 1) chosen date option and then be used (via panel integration) to modify the survey again. I think, it's rather complicated, yes. But maybe we can find a "hacky" solution.

Thanks for your help,

mnorden
  • IdnBelgradeRS
22 Jun 2023 16:48
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 5.6.2+230125
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server
Survey theme/template: fruity
==================
Is it possible to modify the looks of the public index page?
Currently, the public index page uses the LS logo, and I'd like to replace it with my Institute's logo, etc.
Thanks,
Bojan
(Write here your question/remark)
  • Holistic
22 Jun 2023 14:19
Evaluating new/free answers was created by Holistic
Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen]
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================
I would like respondents to be able to freely give an answer (not predetermined) and then rate it on a scale of 1-7. Unfortunately, I do not know how this should work. I would like to combine free text + rating matrix. 
  • mnorden
22 Jun 2023 11:05 - 22 Jun 2023 11:08
Dear community,

we're hosting LimeSurvey on our university servers and want to use its power for implementing a booking system for our studies. I've already found this answer which is very related to our topic[url] forums.limesurvey.org/forum/german-forum...it-limesurvey#187399 [/url].
We want to implement a similar booking system where participants can book a slot which is then blocked for the following users
From the mentioned answer by @Joffm I am missing some details on the ajax call and the specifics of the survey even if it is already a really nice description! Maybe it would be possible to upload a template for this?
In a follow-up question after having booked a slot, participants would then fill in their name and e-mail contact. 
Afterwards, a confirmation mail should be sent to the received e-mail contact and another confirmation mail should be sent to our study team.
Would this be possible? We would also have to implement some mail-service on our machine, right?

A second necessary requirement would be that participants can cancel their previous selection. Upon doing this, the slot should be available again and a confirmation of the cancellation should be sent to the participant e-mail and the study team.
From my understanding of LimeSurvey functionality, I think, it is possible, but a bit more complicated. I appreciate your help here (German answers are welcome, too).

Thanks a lot,
mnorden
  • mathieulorenzo
22 Jun 2023 08:12
Failing to randomly select questions in groups was created by mathieulorenzo
Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen]
Survey theme/template:
==================
(Write here your question/remark)Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 5.6.25
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Limesurvey hosting
Survey theme/template: fruity
==================
Hello,

This is my first post here. I could'nt find the anwer to my problem in the forum...

I have created a 13 groups survey. In each group, I want to randomly select one of ten question. I used one of the solutions I found in the forum : the relevance status equation. The equation for one question (code S2) is : sum(S1.relevanceStatus, S3.relevanceStatus, S4.relevanceStatus, S5.relevanceStatus, S6.relevanceStatus, S7.relevanceStatus, S8.relevanceStatus, S9.relevanceStatus, S10.relevanceStatus) LT 1

For each group, I assigned a random groupe name (e.g G1 for the first group).

It works perfectly fine if I create only one group in my survey. The problem is when I create a survey with two or more groups : the selection fails. An page with no questions is displaying if I test the survey then.
I cannot find what is the problem with my survey... It took me a looong time to set 356 questions in 36 groups...

Is there anyone here that could help me solving this issue ?

You will find my .lss file attached.

Thank you !
  • yuto0419
22 Jun 2023 05:07 - 22 Jun 2023 05:14
API doesn't work was created by yuto0419
Your LimeSurvey version: version 5.6.9+230306
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Azure
Survey theme/template:
==================
I get an error [Unable to connect to test.com/index.php?r=admin/remotecontrol ] with get_session_key.

↓↓↓Below is the actual PHP source code.
<?php
try {
    require_once 'application/libraries/jsonRPCClient.php';
    // instanciate a new client
    $myJSONRPCClient = new JsonRPCClient(' test.com/index.php?r=admin/remotecontrol ');
    $sessionKey = $myJSONRPCClient->get_session_key('admin', 'password');

// the survey to process
    $survey_id = 837454;
    // receive all ids and info of groups belonging to a given survey
    $groups = $myJSONRPCClient->list_groups( $sessionKey, $survey_id );
    print_r($groups);

// release the session key
    $myJSONRPCClient->release_session_key( $sessionKey );

} catch (Exception $e) {
    echo 'Error: ' . $e->getMessage();
}
?>
↑↑↑
The URL, ID, and password are not real for security reasons.

If there are any bugs or problems, please let me know.
  • AnxiousRabbit
21 Jun 2023 13:40
Your LimeSurvey version: 3.28.48+230207
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Limesurvey Hosting
Survey theme/template:
==================
Hey everybody,

I need to set up a survey with 125 ranking questions. I thought a good way to do this would be to do a sample-survey with only two questions, export it as a text file and then open it in Excel and just add the remaining 123 questions using the same structure. But when I do that and save it as a textfile again and try to import it as a new survey I get the error message:

500: Internal Server Errorarray_map(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type arra

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong and googling didn't help. Maybe someone on here can give me a hint? I would be super grateful!

Thanks
  • paulfiner
20 Jun 2023 18:17
I applied my template to your lss survey and it worked fine too. I don't have any other javascript on the page so not sure what's going on?
  • alextj
20 Jun 2023 15:18
Survey theme/template:
==================
Is it possible to add survey participants via the URL?

I do something similar with answering survey questions, by pre-filling the fields via attributes in the URL, which is great, but can this also be done for adding participants?

I've tried the same syntax ..index.php/admin/tokens/sa/addnew/surveyid/xxx?firstname=me but it's not working.

Any ideas?
Thanks
  • vzyldd
20 Jun 2023 13:39
Your LimeSurvey version:  LimeSurvey Community Edition   Version 5.4.15+221212
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own
Survey theme/template: Fruity
==================
I need help please.
I need to display the full date (e.g. Wednesday, 1999/12/02) in a text display question piped from a previous date/time question.

Q1. Select the transaction date
Q2. Confirm that [date selected in Q1] is correct

I can pipe the date selected [ {q1.shown] } but how do I include the day of week within this?
  • roblej
20 Jun 2023 12:57
Your LimeSurvey version: Versión 5.6.26+230613
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own server
Survey theme/template:
==================

Hello,

we are using the code "VBA For RemoteControl2 JSON RPC" from this forum to import the answers' table of a survey in Excel (many thanks to the author).  The table has 2185 (CFA) columns. Only the first row of the table, the header, has data in all cells (the codes for each question). The rest of the rows have data only in some cells.

The problem we are encountering in Excel is that the first row is truncated at column 1984 (BXH). The rest of the answers' data is imported fine, in the correct cells and their corresponding position.

We do not think it is a PHP problem, because we have set max_input_vars = 4000 and because the export of the answers to Excel using the limesurvey interface works correctly.

Any suggestions on the reason for this problem? 

Thank you very much in advance
  • Pluralisterne
20 Jun 2023 09:53
Anonymity and IP-addresses was created by Pluralisterne
Your LimeSurvey version: Version 5.6.25
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: LimeSurvey cloud
Survey theme/template: Fruity
==================Hi everyone,

A couple of questions regarding anonymity:

I am making af survey and it needs to be 100% anonymous (I will make it closed access with a participants table and anonymize the responses).
But I am not that experienced in using LimeSurvey, so I have a few questions about the Notifications & data-functions.

Under “Notifications & data” LimeSurvey gives me the option to “Save IP address” / “Anonymize IP-address” / “Save referrer URL”

My questions are:
1) What’s the difference between not saving IP-address and anonymizing the IP-address?
2) What’s the point/advantage of registering or saving the IP-address and/or the referrer URL if my survey is supposed to be anonymous?
3) Is my survey anonymous at all if I chose to save the IP-addresses or save the referrer URL? (I guess not)?Looking forward to hear from somebody more experienced than me.

Best,

A
  • peppermintss
19 Jun 2023 19:45
Hi Joffm,

Your LimeSurvey version: 5.6.16
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: LimeSurvey hosting under UZH
Survey theme/template: UZH theme
==================

Sorry it might not be convenient to share an LSS export. I will provide an example here. For example, I have a question group that has questions Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5, Q6, each with answering options 1 = strongly disagree to 5 = strongly agree. These questions of Q1 to Q6 will be displayed separately on each page. I would like to randomize these questions in this group. I know how to do this. However, I would like Q5 to always appear after Q4 regardless of the order of the other questions. Q5 will also be displayed depending on what the response of Q4 is. For example, Q5 will be displayed if the answering for Q4 is strongly disagree.

Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Thank you!
Displaying 1126 - 1140 out of 1221 results.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose