Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

moreAccessibility

More
8 years 4 months ago #129261 by cortxdp
Replied by cortxdp on topic moreAccessibility
Hi,

I'm getting back on this after a while. I installed this new version (1.3.3) and it seems to bug all my question list with the "Other" field. I have a 500 error. If I disactivate the "other" option, the question is showing fine.
The last version I tested before this one was the 1.2.0.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu's Avatar Topic Author
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 4 months ago #129262 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic moreAccessibility

cortxdp wrote: Hi,

I'm getting back on this after a while. I installed this new version (1.3.3) and it seems to bug all my question list with the "Other" field. I have a 500 error. If I disactivate the "other" option, the question is showing fine.
The last version I tested before this one was the 1.2.0.

Hi,

accessible.sondages.pro/22549?newtest=Y# seems to work for me .... did you deactivate your plugin ? Maybe some incompatibility if your plugin goes first.
Can you activate debug mode and return the infrmation provided for error 500 ?

Denis
PS : best is to use dedicated tracker : git.framasoft.org/SondagePro-LimeSurvey-...Accessibility/issues

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
8 years 4 months ago #129267 by cortxdp
I'll try that to give more informations and log it in the tracker.
Thanks
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 4 months ago #129312 by DenisChenu
For 500 error : the zip are pdated to include the external files. git.framasoft.org/SondagePro-LimeSurvey-...22f9cafc2302ead9ca56

For second issue, working on it :)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #129447 by cortxdp
Hi,

I logged an new issue in the bug tracker . Maybe you'll want to take a look.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by cortxdp.
More
7 years 11 months ago #135503 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic moreAccessibility
Is there a certain template which ease accessibility? I am unsure if even every template will allow navigation and answering with keyboard only. Today you often get the requirement to optimize for mobile usage and ensure accessibility . Sometimes it looks like more than one templates has to be offered in one survey to please everyone.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 11 months ago #135507 by DenisChenu
Hi Jelo,

cortxdp and me test moreAccessibility with SkeltonQuest, but i think all template can work here.

Denis

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #135515 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic moreAccessibility

jelo wrote: Is there a certain template which ease accessibility? I am unsure if even every template will allow navigation and answering with keyboard only.

I have recently tested all templates of the Limesurvey Template Shop , here are some more findings:
- Navigation usually always works fine since that action is not template related but supported by Limesurvey by default.
- All questions besides the ranking question should support answering with keyboard if they use the default browser radio buttons/checkboxes.
- For a better accessibility you may want to use question by question survey mode because questions/items suddenly popping up due to conditions may be tricky for handicapped people.
- I am not sure about existing screen reader issues. Has anyone recently tested them?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Mazi. Reason: added info about default browser elements
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 11 months ago #135528 by DenisChenu

- All questions besides the ranking question

Ranking question is totally accessible for screen reader in 2.06. See screenshot for more examplanation. Actually only "map" and "upload" question type are not tested/validated.

suddenly popping up due to conditions may be tricky for handicapped people.

Yes : it's the nreason we need to remove this awfull .hide()/.shown() function in ExpressionManager ....
But .hide/.shown is more for nojs accessibility (see www.filamentgroup.com/dwpe/ ) : screen reader are semi-compatible with .hide/.shown : if the question is after the conditions : it's OK for accessibility.
Issue it : condition after question : this must be tested/improved with more aria.

- I am not sure about existing screen reader issues. Has anyone recently tested them?

You know a societey who test actually plugin + SkeletonQuest. Don't have returned informatiion actually for me.

Denis

More
7 years 11 months ago #135544 by jelo

Mazi wrote: I have recently tested all templates of the Limesurvey Template Shop ,

All templates? Isn't TFR part of your shop? How could you navigate in that template?

More
7 years 11 months ago #135545 by jelo
The popups in Limesurvey should not be the default behavior. I never use them. To keep them off in the default the development will recognize issues when using Javascript popups for workarounds and certain questions more easily. I never understood why popup is default. The browser often allow to prevent display of there popups.

I have installed the plugin. The warning "Some system can not be deactivated" looks a bit awkward.

Any issues with version 2.06lts Build 160417?

• DenisChenu
More
7 years 11 months ago #135570 by DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose