Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Filling in an answer from the url

• ellingmel
  • ellingmel's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #152030 by ellingmel
Filling in an answer from the url was created by ellingmel
I have a tech support ticketing system and I want to direct users to a survey when their issue has been resolved. I want to pass the ticket number through the url they are given to take the survey.

I have looked through the documentation, and read the workarounds and have been unable to get any of the various urls to pass that information.

http://localserver/LimeSurvey/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=871798 is my current url - I have one question, and one text answer box. The question is named Q1 and when I look at the page source I see 871798X2X3 (this syntax was referenced in the work arounds) - but I cannot get any url to pass that ticket number on.

I believe we have version Version 2.06+ Build 151215. This came with a NAS that we purchased.

Any help would be appreciated.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 11 months ago #152031 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Filling in an answer from the url
You are using quite an old installation.

However, you should be able to use the "panel integration" to write a code from the URL to a question in Limesurvey. Here a few links that should help you to understand how it works:
manual.limesurvey.org/URL_fields (see passthrough fields)
manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_settings#Pa....28URL_parameters.29
www.limesurvey.org/forum/design-issues/9...-integration-fuction

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose