Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

how to use the panel integration fuction?

• iscar
  • iscar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #104420 by iscar
i checked the manual, didn't find this part.
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 1 month ago #104423 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic how to use the panel integration fuction?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
10 years 1 month ago #104475 by Bigred01
Replied by Bigred01 on topic how to use the panel integration fuction?
Create a short text question and call it what ever you want. (Lets just say we gave it "SurveyId" for a question code)

Under the panel integration tab in general settings click "add url parameter"

Call it something like "VariableSurveyId". (What ever name you pick for this will be included in the entry link you will supply to your panel provider.)

After you give it a name, under target select the short text question you made previously and click save so that popup closes then click save again so the whole thing saves.

Now you will need to set up your entry link, it will look something like this.

yourdomain.com/index.php/survey/index/si...ableSurveyId=xxxxxxx

To get your link just click the execute survey button, copy and modify the href so it has the /en?VariableSurveyId=xxxxxxx at the end.

What ever you replace the "xxxxxxx" with will be grabbed and stored in the short free text question when your respondent lands on that page. Make sur eyou disable the welcome page though and let them land on that first page with the short free text question.

You can set up as many of these your panel providers needs. When it comes to forwarding the panel members back to the provider just take their link and put the {INSERTANS} or {SurveyId.shown} in where they need the id and set up an auto forward with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pcerny01, blacknail
More
6 years 11 months ago #152637 by nastasom
Replied by nastasom on topic how to use the panel integration fuction?
Hi,
I tried to insert the respondent id in the end URL. Nor {INSERTANS} neither {SurveyId.shown} worked.
  • holch
More
6 years 11 months ago #152644 by holch
Replied by holch on topic how to use the panel integration fuction?
Which respondent ID are you talking about? I assume the one that the panel provider is giving you, right? First you need to pass this id via URL into a question within your questionnaire and then you can pass it on to the end URL.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
6 years 11 months ago #152647 by Bigred01
You should just have to add your panel integration options (example img below).

The example above uses the variable "example" and it stores it in a q1b short free text question.

You entry link will look something like:

://example.com/index.php/survey/index/sid/123456/lang/en/example/storingThisString OR

://example.com/index.php/survey/index/sid/123456/lang/en?example=storingThisString

Your end url would look something like this https://example.com?example={q1b.NAOK}
More
6 years 10 months ago #152674 by nastasom
Bigred01, thanks for your reply! I do have panel integration set up. Still won't work.
I've tried to unhide the q1b question and manually copy the respondent id provided by the site which hosts the panel and then it works. So it seems that my trouble is either getting LimeSurvey to read the number which appears at the end of the survey URL ("example" as you named it), or automatically transferring it to the content of q1b.
More
6 years 10 months ago #152675 by Bigred01
Can you attach a test survey export with your current setup? I'll have a look and see where the issue is.
More
6 years 10 months ago #152676 by nastasom
I'm attaching the survey structure here.
Thanks again!
Attachments:
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #152682 by Bigred01
I don't see any issues with your current setup.

I was able to use:

://mylimedomain.ca/index.php/survey/index/sid/336718/newtest/Y/lang/en/uid/test

The data stored fine in the question "SurveyId" and the end url populated with my entry data string of "test".

Have you tried both ../uid/XXXXXX and ?uid=XXXXX (or &uid=XXXXX if ?= is already used)?

What version of lime are you using?
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Bigred01.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nastasom
More
6 years 10 months ago #152688 by nastasom
It turns out the issue was I wasn't copying the right entry URL. I was copying the survey URL form the survey summary page, when in fact I should have been copying the link which appear when previewing/ executing the survey.
Your example helped me figure this out, so I'm very grateful! Thanks!
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #156484 by nique
Replied by nique on topic how to use the panel integration fuction?
Hello. Apologies for adding to an older thread but I wanted to ask about this issue below:

nastasom wrote: It turns out the issue was I wasn't copying the right entry URL. I was copying the survey URL form the survey summary page, when in fact I should have been copying the link which appear when previewing/ executing the survey.
Your example helped me figure this out, so I'm very grateful! Thanks!

I have a survey in Version 2.05 (I think) that uses a URL parameter similar to this. I have always linked my surveys using the URL on the main page and looking like this - https://surveyhub/cfsls/index.php/398749/lang-en?UI=test1
No issue. The userid is recorded and copied into another survey participants are re-directed to.

But in version 2.59 which I just transferred onto, I have to use the full link like this https://surveyhub/prodls200/index.php/survey/index/sid/42375/newtest/Y/lang/en/UI/test2

I copied the old survey onto the new platform and had a headache for weeks trying to work out why my URL parameter was no longer working. It was only this thread that pointed me to the issue.

Could someone please explain to me why I now need to use the longer URL?
Why is it that now this link won't work? - https://surveyhub/prodls200/index.php/42375?lang=en?UI=test3

Thank you.

edit - ignore the surveyhub in the URL. Just hiding the host platform I am using.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by nique.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose