Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Installed LS2.50+ blank Admin Loginpage and Save-Buttons not working

• dalaius
  • dalaius's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #130706 by dalaius
I installed LimeSurvey Version 2.50+, as made available in the DownloadSection as stable release (?)
I installed from scratch. No Problems during installation, just missing php ldap.

This happens in Firefox, IE11 and MS Edge:
The admin login screen is white. But I can login using TAB ...
When I create a new survey I can fill out all forms, but can't save anything. Nothing happens when clicking the Save-button, no Warnings, no Errors.

I deleted everything and installed VS2.06 - everything fine, so I created a new survey.
After that I ran the Update to 2.50+, Database Update ok ... ready to go ... not.
Same problems as before.
I can edit the existing survey, but can't add questions (I can't save a thing ...)

I can't find anything in the documentation or FAQ, I've made sure that file permissions are correct.

At the moment I'm very happy that I haven't rolled this out in our productive environment :)
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 1 month ago #130713 by Ben_V

as made available in the DownloadSection as stable release (?)

2.5 release is know the main branch on github too...
but sounds the same error than last week .

Waiting for dev team clarification...

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #130719 by LouisGac
Yes, Carsten pushed 2.5 to master.
Feel free to report any lefting bugs to :
bugs.limesurvey.org

When I'll have finished with this last debug session, I'll write a large article to present 2.5.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by LouisGac.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 1 month ago #130721 by holch
OK, I'll be off for a week then... ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
8 years 1 month ago #130744 by DenisChenu

dalaius wrote: ....
At the moment I'm very happy that I haven't rolled this out in our productive environment :)

\o/

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #130749 by Ben_V
Louis, is it possible to get the previous 2.06+ Build 160129 available at the archived releases page for all "not fully prepared" LS users ? ;)

EDIT:
1) Available at => github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/releases/tag/2.06_plus_160129
2) Bug report (thanks to Denis) => bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=10295

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Ben_V. Reason: link to github + bug report
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
More
8 years 1 month ago #130752 by nwinter
Wow - It would be nice if there was some warning when a new release totally breaks existing templates! I am glad I didn't roll this into production.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben_V
More
8 years 1 month ago #130846 by greenglaz
I have a similar problem after upgrading to version 2.50.
1. There was a problem with the login in the admin part: needed a file which was not after the upgrade /styles/gringegreen/images/logo.png. Made a copy of the file logo_pdf.png, renamed it to logo.png. After that was able to get into admin. part.
2. The problem with the templates for the admin part and front-end. When you select in the settings of the new template nothing is saved when pressing the Save button. Looks like the interface in the admin part attached.
Question:
How to fix to working condition?
  • dalaius
  • dalaius's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #130916 by dalaius
Today I deleted everything from my test environment.
Copied my productive LimeSurvey 2.06+ to my test env.
Made sure everything is working.
After that I downloaded LS2.50+ from the "might be stable" download section.
Made the Update:
- delete all files except /upload and ../../config.php
- transfered the 2.50+ files.
- when loging in to /admin I was prompted that database needed to be upgraded. ok ... and working.
- Login screen completely white (as in "nothing to see")
- Login possible while flying blind and using TAB ...
- as before: everything "looks" good - but clicking any "Save" button: Not working, browser URLS refreshing with # but nothing happens.
seems like some JS is missing? So I can't change configuration Settings, can't add a new survey, can't change existing survey ... can't do anything.
- File system permissions are correct.

What am I missing?
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #130933 by LouisGac
2.5 stable release is not offered for now as an update in comfortUpdate. We are aware of possible compatibility problems with 2.06 surveys, that's why we didn't pushed it as an update. Also, 2.5 has no more critical bugs, but it's possible that some display bugs remained. So we don't want to push 2.06 user to update for now.

That's why 2.5 is offered as a release to new LimeSurvey users, not as an update for 2.06.

To update correctly LimeSurvey, you should use the comfortUpdate. Doing it manually can be tricky, and can create many problems. Do it at your own risk. If you do it, it implies you're an advanced user able to backup its previous installation and to face problems.

In the future, we'll have a 2.5 release fully compatible with 2.06 surveys, 100% bug free. Then, we'll publish it as an update for 2.06 in the comfortUpdate.

It seems that the difference between an update and a release is not that clear, and that many LimeSurvey users are used to update manually. So a notice about it in the news would be probably a good idea.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by LouisGac.
More
8 years 1 month ago #130943 by Demetra

LouisGac wrote: Yes, Carsten pushed 2.5 to master.
Feel free to report any lefting bugs to :
bugs.limesurvey.org

When I'll have finished with this last debug session, I'll write a large article to present 2.5.

So you're planning to release documentation about a new release after the the actual release?
More
8 years 1 month ago #130944 by Demetra

LouisGac wrote: 2.5 stable release is not offered for now as an update in comfortUpdate. We are aware of possible compatibility problems with 2.06 surveys, that's why we didn't pushed it as an update. Also, 2.5 has no more critical bugs, but it's possible that some display bugs remained. So we don't want to push 2.06 user to update for now.

Sorry to but 2.5 release is offered now as Comfort Upgrade options.

that's the reason why I've just checked the forum

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose