Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

The nuisance with Panel Providers - How to implement SiD, Quota and Completes?

More
11 years 5 days ago - 10 years 8 months ago #93695 by Kaufi
Hello you wonderful people out there!

I trust that each of you is having a blasting time and lots of fun!

..Okay, coming back to LimeSurvey in conjunction with panel providers. I know that this isn't a new topic and I have found several posts, mainly in this forum that deal with this topic (For instance: here , here , here ).
Though, I can't really figure out how to set up my survey in a way that it works with the requirements of a panel provider called Research Now / e-rewards. This is more up on me rather than up on the panel provider.

In LimeSurvey I have currently set up a survey with a quota for age groups (radio button answer).
Now I would like to know how to implement the screen out, quota fail and complete, so that Research Now can track who participated in the survey, who was screened out, who run into a QuotaFail and who completed the survey.

A very friendly member of staff at Research Now told me that "You will need to provide an entry link to the survey which we’ll email to the panellists. We will provide 3 exit pages that you will need to implement (screen out, quota fail and complete). Each panellist has a unique Subsid which will be added to the end of the link. Also the project will have a UPN number which will be inserted to this:

Complete: redirects.example.com/UPNredirect.asp?status=1&subsid=XXX
Screenout: redirects.example.com/UPNredirect.asp?status=2&subsid=XXX
QuotaFail: redirects.example.com/UPNredirect.asp?status=3&subsid=XXX

Wonderful people out there. Is there a kind of a step by step tutorial somewhere which I could read and gain some knowledge to set this up in a way that works?

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!!

PS: I am using LimeSurvey version 2.00+ Build 130226
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by DenisChenu.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 5 days ago - 10 years 8 months ago #93696 by Kaufi
[UPDATE] - I tried to delete this message and edit the first post but neither one did work. Therefore, here is the final version of my post and the question of how to save and hand back two variables of an URL.

Hello you wonderful people out there!

I trust that each of you is having a blasting time and lots of fun!

..Okay, coming back to LimeSurvey in conjunction with panel providers. I know that this isn't a new topic and I have found several posts, mainly in this forum that deal with this topic (For instance: here , here , here ).
Though, I can't really figure out how to set up my survey in a way that it works with the requirements of a panel provider called Research Now / e-rewards. This is more up on me rather than up on the panel provider.

In LimeSurvey I have currently set up a survey with a quota for age groups (radio button answer).
Now I would like to know how to implement the screen out, quota fail and complete, so that Research Now can track who participated in the survey, who was screened out, who run into a QuotaFail and who completed the survey.

A very friendly member of staff at Research Now told me that "You will need to provide an entry link to the survey which we’ll email to the panellists. We will provide 3 exit pages that you will need to implement (screen out, quota fail and complete). Each panellist has a unique Subsid which will be added to the end of the link. Also the project will have a UPN number which will be inserted to this:

Complete: redirects.example.com/UPNredirect.asp?status=1&subsid=XXX
Screenout: redirects.example.com/UPNredirect.asp?status=2&subsid=XXX
QuotaFail: redirects.example.com/UPNredirect.asp?status=3&subsid=XXX

I guess that I have to temporarily save and then hand back the UPN (might stand for Unique Prject Number - so always the same for all participants) and Subsid (individual "code" of each participant). How to set this up in the Panel Integration feature that LimeSurvey 2.0 provides. How must the URL look like to collect the value of the UPN and each Subsid? And how must the URL look like to hand back the UPN and Subsid to Research Now?

To hand back ***/limesurvey/index.php?Subsidout={PASSTHRU:Subsid} ?

Wonderful people out there. Is there a kind of a step by step tutorial somewhere which I could read and gain some knowledge to set this up in a way that works?

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!!

PS: I am using LimeSurvey version 2.00+ Build 130226
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: example.com
  • lajennylove
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #98113 by lajennylove
Did you find any way to do that? Now I'm stuck in the same issue... :(

I want to redirect the users if they complete, filter-out or got the quota-full... But i just cant find where do i do this redirect.

Anyway thank you. :)
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 8 months ago #98117 by DenisChenu
Hello,

My solution:
Add 1 question short text:
PANELID :
Add 3 question: equation/hidden at start of survey
QUOTAFULL : panel.example.com/redirect.asp?status=1&subsid={PANELID }
SCREENOUT : panel.example.com/redirect.asp?status=2&subsid={PANELID }
COMPLETED : panel.example.com/redirect.asp?status=3&subsid={PANELID }

Use the Prefill url system to prefill PANELID with the subsid
Give this user to panel provider:
mysurvey.example.org/XXXX?SGQA={subsid}

SGQA must be replace by real SGQA

And in quota and endurl: use
{QUOTAFULL} / {SCREENOUT} etc ....

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lajennylove
  • lajennylove
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #98122 by lajennylove
Hi Denis... That was fast!

I'm not totally sure of what i have to do... I'll try follow your instructions with my coworkers, and i really hope this works fine.

Thank you so much.

Jenn.
  • DenisChenu
More
10 years 8 months ago #98125 by DenisChenu
For better understanding:
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • lajennylove
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #98128 by lajennylove
i've already done what you told me to do about this steps:

Add 1 question short text:
PANELID :
Add 3 question: equation/hidden at start of survey
QUOTAFULL : panel.example.com/redirect.asp?status=1&subsid={PANELID}
SCREENOUT : panel.example.com/redirect.asp?status=2&subsid={PANELID}
COMPLETED : panel.example.com/redirect.asp?status=3&subsid={PANELID}

I got a few errors and I don't know why. Here's my Logic File for Survey... But i think than is almost done.

And now, about this:

The "subsid" is the panel's id from the provider or the survey id and what's the way to prefill via url a variable? I'm sorry i'm PHP dev and i used to use something like:
Code:
<?= $_GET["panel_ID"]; ?>

In this system those parameters are retrieved automatically?

And finally, about this.

Give this user to panel provider:
mysurvey.example.org/XXXX?SGQA={subsid}

The survey's url is this: survey.happyquest.com.mx/index.php/331861/lang-es-MX

Should i do something like:

survey.happyquest.com.mx/index.php/33186...g-es-MX?SGQA={subsid }

What is a SGQA? :(

Sorry for all of this... I'm newbie in lime survey, i used to do all by my self at CodeIgniter/PHP/MySQL.

Jenny.

[UPDATE]

I finally got this thing worked. :) Reading your references...

manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager

And these other ones. xD

manual.limesurvey.org/Workarounds:_Surve...using_the_survey_URL

manual.limesurvey.org/SGQA_identifier

I was in trouble with the url to prefill i was thinking than i had the 2.0+ version and i tryed with slash, but is not the right way... i fixed id out by passing the parameters as regular url ?parameter=value&another=value

Now i just need to do this:

And in quota and endurl: use
{QUOTAFULL} / {SCREENOUT} etc ....

I know how to fill the end url, but i'm don't know how can i make the quota for all the survey and not for a single group. :/

Anyway, i keep on trying...

Thank you! :)
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by lajennylove. Reason: update
More
10 years 8 months ago #98130 by Kaufi
SOLVED - Limesurvey (v. 2+) in conjunction with panel provider Research Now.

Hi all,

I would like to share with you the solution to integrate a panel provider for your online surveys:

Since version 2+ Limesurvey does have a Panel Integration feature. This feature really facilitates to integrate survey respondents who come from a panel provider.

Panel provider reward their people who complete (or sometimes also take part but don't complete) a survey. Therefore a panel provider needs to track who completed a survey and who was screened out as well as who failed he quota. Therefore the panel provider provides you with 3 links. E.g.

Complete: redirects.researchnow.com/UPNredirect.asp?status=1&Subsid=XXX
Screenout: redirects.researchnow.com/UPNredirect.asp?status=2&Subsid=XXX
QuotaFail: redirects.researchnow.com/UPNredirect.asp?status=3&Subsid=XXX

Whereby "UPN" is the unique survey number which is the same for all participants the "Subsid" is a unique number of each participant.

Essentially, what one needs to do is to capture the values of UPN and the Subsid, saving each of them in a variable and then passing these two values back to the panel provider.

Sometimes, you don’t need to capture the UPN, so you just need to capture the Subsid. This depends on your panel provider.

Step by step tutorial:

1) Create 2 hidden questions in Limesurvey, each with a single "short free text" answer.
E.g.: The first question you might call UPNcapture the second you might call SubSidcapture.

2) Go to the panel integration feature in Limesurvey (General settings --> Panel integration); click "Add URL parameter", enter as name VariableUPN and as target sub-question you select UPNcapture and save. To add the second variable click “Add URL parameter” again and enter VariableSubsid in the name field and select SubSidcapture as target sub-question.

3 Your normal survey invitation URL could look like this, e.g.:
www.XYZ.co.uk/limesurvey/index.php/839871/lang-en

You need to provide your panel provider with an invite link that captures the UPN and Subsid in your survey. The link could look like this.
www.XYZ.co.uk/limesurvey/index.php/83987...BC&SubSidcapture=CBA

The panel provider will then use this link and replace ABC by the survey number and the CBA by the unique user number.

If you want to test if capturing works:
Activate the survey. Then replace ABC and CBA in the link by what you want and click the link.

E.g.: www.XYZ.co.uk/limesurvey/index.php/83987...pture=participant101

Complete the survey so that all data is submitted. Afterwards in Limesurvey click “Responses” --> “responses & statistics” --> “Display responses”. There should be two entries in the top of the table that are identical to the names of the two hidden questions set up earlier. In this example it would be UPNcapture and SubSidcapture. The column UPNcapture should contain the text (or number) you entered for ABC and the column SubSidcapture should contain the text (or numbers) you entered for CBA. In this example it would be “numberofsurvey” in the UPNcapture column and “participant101” in the SubSidcapture column. This way, you can check whether the capturing of the values is working.
  • lajennylove
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #98132 by lajennylove
Thank you so much. :)

I didn't updated my LimeSurvey to that version, but i think i'm going to do so. Is not a problem to upgrade my LS? I mean, is not going to crash? D:

Anyway, thank you for your help.

Jenny.
More
10 years 8 months ago #98133 by Kaufi
If updating causes trouble, that I can't answer. My updates worked well, I started with 2.01. Good luck with that!
  • DenisChenu
More
10 years 8 months ago #98155 by DenisChenu

lajennylove wrote:
I got a few errors and I don't know why. Here's my Logic File for Survey... But i think than is almost done.

And now, about this:

manual.limesurvey.org/SGQA_identifier#Us..._the_SGQA_identifier

You set first question to NQid code, then use NQid code after (and not Ticket).

The SGQA for this question is 331861X130X3142 if i have good eyes.

To set quoat url : you need to update each quota. Then you can choose for each quota easily : {QUOTAFULL} or {SCREENOUT}
Denis

• lajennylove
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #98360 by lajennylove
Hi Denis.

Finally i could do everything i need about i asked to you to help me, but theres just one more cuestion.

Is there a way to know if someone was ended the survey by a filter out? I mean, i put some conditions to my survey for example age, my survey is just for a age range so is there a way to find out who was pulled out with this filter.

That's for doing this things:

Complete: redirects.researchnow.com/UPNredirect.asp?status=1&Subsid=XXX
-> FilterOut: redirects.researchnow.com/UPNredirect.asp?status=2&Subsid=XXX
QuotaFill: redirects.researchnow.com/UPNredirect.asp?status=3&Subsid=XXX

Is there a way to do that?

Please, help me.
Jenn.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose