Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Use limesurvey for ticketing systems to submit feedback

• eavenhuang
  • eavenhuang's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 1 week ago #242974 by eavenhuang
I'm sorry for all the questions but I'm kind of lost, I'm quite new to limesurvey but not knowing all the options (where they are and how to use them).
Here is my test case, in my screenshot I created two hidden questions, one to store the value of custom attribute called Email and the other one to store TicketID (I will include that from my ticketing system). The 3rd question is the real open one for the customer, where he/she submits the feedback.
I tried to create one more question using equation type to check the count of ticketID, but that didn't work.

I'm kind of lost where I can find these functions in ExpressionScript where is ExpressionScript. I saw the examples in the manual but honestly, I don't know what it talks about, I can use statCount(TicketID.sgqa[, submitted = 1][, self = true]) in a new question where it's equation type and put this expression in the Equation option field? (TicketID is my question code of the custom attribute.

Sorry again for all the questions, I'm still getting used to limesurvey and this has taken me days to figure out:(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• eavenhuang
More
1 year 1 week ago #242975 by eavenhuang
I've tried to use Equation: statCountIf(TicketID.sgqa, TicketID.NAOK, 0, 1) but seems that's not how it works, I'm attaching my lss file, hope that you could help me on this. Thanks a lot for all the help!! It's really appreciated.

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 1 week ago #242976 by tpartner

Dear Tony,

One more thing I'm not sure if it's related, but I use the open-access option for my survey, I didn't use the closed-access because I can't provide the access code for each and every customer who is welcome to submit the survey. They just need to click the URL and put their answers there, no access code to be pasted.
The participant settings only apply to closed access surveys.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

• eavenhuang
More
1 year 1 week ago #243066 by eavenhuang
Dear  Joffm ,

Would you kindly advise? I'm not sure where I can find expression script and I've added my lss file in this thread.

Thanks again for your help.

• DenisChenu
More
1 year 1 week ago #243072 by DenisChenu

I've tried to use Equation: statCountIf(TicketID.sgqa, TicketID.NAOK, 0, 1) but seems that's not how it works, I'm attaching my lss file, hope that you could help me on this. Thanks a lot for all the help!! It's really appreciated.

Equation part didn't have the { } included (equation can be fixed).

You need to add it {statCountIf(TicketID.sgqa, TicketID.NAOK, 0, 1)} and it work.

For information : it's better to don't include self then you need 0 at this option.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

• eavenhuang
More
1 year 1 week ago #243076 by eavenhuang
Dear Denis,

Thanks for the information. I've tried your suggestion but that didn't work:( I'm wondering if I was using the equation in the wrong place.
What I did was to create a new hidden question after my TicketID question, then add the equation - statCountIf(TicketID.sgqa, TicketID.NAOK, 0, 1)

I tested with the testing url and went back to responses, the same URL I submitted 3 times and I expected there would be only 1 response, but it generated 3 times.
I'm attaching the screenshots for further reference.

• Joffm
  • Away
More
1 year 1 week ago #243078 by Joffm
Where do you use this equation to screen out the respondents?
This function counts how many times the TicketID was used already.
Display the result of the function by entering it in the question text of the "equation".
Read the manual about the difference if you enter the expression in the question text or in the field "equation".

Anyway:
Now you have to tell LimeSurvey what to do?

Usually you use a quota with limit "0".

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

• eavenhuang
More
1 year 1 week ago #243079 by eavenhuang
Dear Joffm,

What I did was to use it in a new hidden question (after my TicketID question, go to Logic >> Equation and just put statCountIf(TicketID.sgqa, TicketID.NAOK, 0, 1)
This didn't work out for me, I will try to find out the differences from the manual at the same time. (I tested this, used same URL to submit 3 times and it generated 3 responses, I expected there should be only one, because the latter 2 are repeating the TicketID in my URL)

If this function is used to only count the used times, I don't understand where I can tell limesurvey to screen out. What I expected is once the TicketID is used for the first time, it can't be submitted for the second time. TicketID is variable in my case, each TicketID will be only used once.

Thanks again for all your unselfish answers.

• DenisChenu
More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #243081 by DenisChenu

Dear Denis,

Thanks for the information. I've tried your suggestion but that didn't work:( I'm wondering if I was using the equation in the wrong place.
What I did was to create a new hidden question after my TicketID question, then add the equation - statCountIf(TicketID.sgqa, TicketID.NAOK, 0, 1)

You STILL don'(t add the { }

You must have the expression activated in quick view

(i just talk abouut the valuie set)

After : you can set conditoion to other question with G01Q04 < 2 (but agin : i think best is to use {statCountIf(TicketID.sgqa, TicketID.NAOK, 0, 0)} and G01Q04.NAOK < 1

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
Last edit: 1 year 1 week ago by DenisChenu.

• eavenhuang
More
1 year 1 week ago #243083 by eavenhuang
Dear Denis,

I've added the {} for the equation field in my hidden question, but it didn't show {} on the preview page. In quick view, it showed the same:

When you mentioned and G01Q04.NAOK < 1, what do I need to do with this equation, do I need to add one more equation there under logic>> equation, e.g. {statCountIf(TicketID.sgqa, G01Q04.NAOK < 1,, 0, 0)}

Sorry for all the question, I'm still very new to limesurvey and trying to figure out how this works.
Attachments:

• DenisChenu
More
1 year 1 week ago #243084 by DenisChenu
then : you do another error

Updated lss included with solution to hide/show other question to ticket id

• eavenhuang
More
1 year 1 week ago #243087 by eavenhuang
Dear Denis,

Thanks a lot for the lss, it worked!
However, that's not what I was expecting, sorry for the misleading. What I expected is that one TicketID can only be used for one time, but if we have different TicketID in the URL (custom attribute), then the survey should still be opened for others.

For example, this URL can be used once -  limesurvey.local/limesurvey/index.php/14...rachel@custom.edu.cn
If it's used again, then the user will be screened out.
Then if another user used  limesurvey.local/limesurvey/index.php/14...rachel@custom.edu.cn , the survey should be allowed to submit once.

Not sure if this is possible?
Thanks again.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose