Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Don't display code in export function

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #172892 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Don't display code in export function

I had to give the survey to someone to check for spelling mistakes, formulation and so on

We generally do this before programming starts within a word document. How is your work flow? Do you develop the questionnaire directly in Limesurvey? Generally, what we do is to create a word document, as it is a lot easier to discuss, review and work on than a programmed online questionnaire. You would describe the logic within this word document and you would also include programming instructions. Once this questionnaire is defined with the whole team, you might have a last revision of wording, typos, etc. and then it goes into programming. There should be basically no mistakes in the text. The main testing then is logic, which has to be done within LS anyway. I guess this is a common workflow in any research project and not very LS specific.
This doesn't mean that I don't think the preview / test mode of LS could be more helpful. I am totally in favor of Jelo's feature request here: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=7407

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by holch.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 8 months ago #172898 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Don't display code in export function

holch wrote: We generally do this before programming starts within a word document.

Depending on complexity of the survey (multiple languages, routing, filtering) I prefer a spreadsheet.
For translation works some translators and surveytools support XLIFF ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XLIFF ).

Feedback from customers are still coming in after you have an OnlineSurvey in the pretest phase. That's where the madness begins (Screenshots, E-Mails, Wordfiles etc..).

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
More
5 years 8 months ago #172900 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Don't display code in export function
In my experience most translators HATE Excel sheets. ;-)

Yes, there are always comments after programming, but the OP's description sounds more like first feedback on the questionnaire. I might be wrong.

For translation works some translators and surveytools support XLIFF ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XLIFF ).

Sounds good, but with end clients in my experience Word is still the best way to coordinate the base version of the questionnaire.

Feedback from customers are still coming in after you have an OnlineSurvey in the pretest phase. That's where the madness begins (Screenshots, E-Mails, Wordfiles etc..).

I once got 40+ pages of fax with screenshots and comments back. When the secretary brought the fax I almost fell from my chair. The person that sent it, was responsible for all websites of a major european car manufacturer. He checked the survey link, physically printed each page, wrote his comments on it by hand and then faxed me the pages. Luckily most of my other clients knew how screenshots worked back then already.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose