Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

external survey start with ID

• ledoux
  • ledoux's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #136332 by ledoux
external survey start with ID was created by ledoux
Hi
I'm using a panel provider, which wants to invite its own internet users to participate to my survey. The provider will generate an individual ID, and wants to integrate it in the survey URL. Then we can control quotas, and at the end of the questionnaire the respondent is sent to his/her personal "panelist" page (to win his/her reward).

Do I have to create a personalized survey (non anonymous)?
how do I specify the user's ID in the URL ?
How can I export the user's ID (in the URL) linking it to answers (for ex sociodemo quotas) ?

I read a bit the manual, couldn't find it...

Thank you very much !!
Best,

New user of LS but with the will to contribute to this great community !
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 10 months ago #136335 by holch
Replied by holch on topic external survey start with ID
Have a look at panel integration in the manual. You do not necessarily need to create individual links, but I personally would recommend it. There is a description how you can create the link with the token included in bulk in the manual.

Once the respondents arrive, you read the panel's ID into a hidden question via the panel integration. At the end url you can include this ID again into the outgoing link. All other information (to which end links to direct depending on the quota or if respondents end the survey) should come from your panel rpovider.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ledoux
  • ledoux
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #136593 by ledoux
Replied by ledoux on topic external survey start with ID
Holch
I read the manual "Panel integration (URL parameters)", but there is no detail, it is very large.
In the administration, I added a parameter in the URL (called "ac" for access code"), with no option for "target question".

1) But then this parameter doesn"t appear in the survey URL (anonymous). Is that normal ?
the provider wants an URL with a parameter to add there IDs, but I don't know how to create this URL in Lime.

2) do I have to choose the option "target question" when I add the parameter if I want to be able to save the value of the parameter into a variable (as you explained to me) ?

thank you !!

• ledoux
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #136608 by ledoux
and unfortunately I am quitte in a hurry to run the survey. and I haven't expected this pb....thank you by advance !!

• holch
More
7 years 9 months ago #136621 by holch
Well, most of us help users in the forum in our spare time, which means we are not always as responsive as someone might like. If you really have urgent matters, it might make sense to get some professional support for Limesurvey. I am not providing professional support, but some here in the forum do.

But this topic has been discussed a few times in this forum. A little search on the forum/Google should have brought up this for example:
www.limesurvey.org/forum/design-issues/9...-integration-fuction

I guess this should help.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• holch
More
7 years 9 months ago #136624 by holch
Here another tip:

You can use another format for the link. In this example I have used the url parameter "panelid" and the value is "555".

http://yoururl/index.php/surveyid/lang/en/newtest/Y/panelid/555

The /newtest/Y/ part should be necessary, but it helps when testing because it starts a completely new survey and doesn't continue the previous survey when testing.

• ledoux
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #136653 by ledoux
Holch
I'm sorry for this post, I know that you guys are providing a support on your free time, not paid. I was just asking "help help !!" ... ;-) I wrote it quickly, my purpose was not to be demanding...

Before posting my post, I've done a research , but I guess with the wrong keywords.

Anyway, thank you for the link. I read it, but my problem remains :
1) I add a parameter ("ac") but it doesn"t appear in the survey enter URL (anonymous survey). Is that normal ?
2) I don't know how to write the "short text" question in order to recover the value of the paramater "ac"

May you help me only on that points ? Or to who should I ask (professionnal)?

Thank you !!

• holch
More
7 years 9 months ago #136687 by holch
1) it won't appear in the URL. You need to create that URL yourself. Especially as the panel actually needs to add this attribute to the URL, because they will do that most probably dynamically. You just need to tell them the forma..
2) Create a short text question, give it the code "ac" for example., go to the panel integration and create a new URL attribute, call it "ac" as well.
Wenn you now use your survey URL, eg. domain.tld/index.php/surveyid/lang/en/ the panel needs to add the URL attribute at the end of this URL, for example with ?ac=6785994 or /ac/6785994 as I described above and is described in the link I posted.

When you call this URL you will see that the short text question will be filled with the code 6785994. Check also in the response table and you will see that the code is saved. Once you have tested this, hide the question in your advanced settings and make another test to check if the code is still recorded.

Then you should be set. Maybe let the panel make a test link and try to access your survey, then check again if it the code has been saved in the database.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ledoux
  • ledoux
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #136708 by ledoux
Holch,

Thank you !!!!

1) to be sure, do you mean that the extra parameter ("ac") never appears in the URL (displayed in the administration, in the main page of the questionnaire)? BUT you are saying that once the parameter is added, the URL now allows to add this parameter at the end (the provider will add it at the end)?

2) I've tried this. I opened a new window, I entered the survey URL with "?ac=12" at the end, I answered to the first question groups. Then I looked to the result tab: for the var "IPADDR adress IP" it is wrote "invalid".
Then I've tried with "&ac=12", then I could retrieve the variable ac (in a short text), it works; but I still obtain "IPADDR adress IP" = invalid

3) if I want to use the value "ac" for an ending URL, I need to add the following "?acout={PASSTHRU:ac}" is that right ?

Thank you very much... !!

More
4 years 8 months ago #185969 by Maslowest
Replied by Maslowest on topic external survey start with ID
Dear Ledoux,

I know it has been already 3 years that you asked this question, but I am experiencing EXACTLY the same problem with our panel company. I am using LS version Version 2.73.0

This is what they are asking me to do:

"The links must be implemented in your system so that you can generate a link to us that we can use to get into the survey. This is what we send to our panel members.
When a member clicks on a link, they are assigned an ID that follows them in the survey and that you have to send back to us, there of the return link.

It is important that the return links work so that our panel members get the correct status (complete, screenout or quota full) and awarded points as a reward there after.
When you insert the return links with you, you should be able to generate a link similar to this (depends a little on the software you have set up the survey): start.yougov.com/refer/vYNb6PYmRTxYW3/?sid=xxxx "

How did you ultimately solve these issues?

Best,
Marcel
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 8 months ago #185972 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic external survey start with ID
1. Create a short text question hidden name refer (if you want to use refer)
2. Use such link for entering ?sid=XXX&refer=YOURID
3. Use {refer.NAOK} in all end url : example.org/optout.php?refer={refer.NAOK}

It's done …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maslowest

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose