Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Limesurvey 5.6.35 admin slow load

More
7 months 6 days ago #250561 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Limesurvey 5.6.35 admin slow load

Are you running LS on shared hosting? Or a VPS? Or a dedicated server?

I have Limesurvey on a shared  hosting and my php version is 8.0, the recomended for Limesurvey 5.

The mentioned issue around the comfortupdate was around the login process in the backend.
The comfortupdate check will be triggered when an login in the backend happens. And if there was an issue around connectiong the update server the login was very slow. But after logging the admin area was snappy. So we can rule out comfortupdate here.

Have you more than one LS installation on that shared webhosting? Perhaps a LS3 and LS5 to compare things in the backend?
Is really everything slow in the backend? E.g. if you browse responses in an ongoing survey?
And when taking a survey as a respondent there is no slowness at all?
Do you use admin notification emails on one ore more surveys running?
What provider / hosting plan do you use? What OS is used? What database is used?
What is the path of the session directory? Can be found via phpinfo?

The wording "too many files on there" by your provider is unclear. What kind of files?
If the slowness is only in the backend, I doubt that as an reason.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• brais24
  • brais24's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 months 5 days ago #250575 by brais24
Replied by brais24 on topic Limesurvey 5.6.35 admin slow load
I try to response some of the questions.

Is a shared hosting?Yes, Is a shared hosting, but until this update, we dont have any issues.
Have you more than one LS installation on that shared webhosting?Yes, I have another LS version on the same hosting, a Limesurvey 2.72.3, but i already have that same version with LS3.25 and both work fine, nos just work fine LS 2.72in the relative to the performance
Is slow when you take a survey as respondent? I think not, or at least, is not that big the slowness like on the admin side, maybe is a little bit slow.
Do you use admin notification emails on one ore more surveys running? I just have one survey with admin notifications, but i can try to deactivate it.
What provider / hosting plan do you use? I use 1&1, now IONOS, and performance plan 4, as i said, i have no problems until now, and LS 2.72.3 is working fine right now.
What OS is used? I dont have that info
Can be found via phpinfo? Yes, i do phpinfo on Limesurvey and gives me the report

And other thing, i dont know if have relation with this, but even with "ComfortupdateChecker" deactivated, keep showing me the popup with the updates.

Thanks for the help.

More
7 months 5 days ago #250597 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Limesurvey 5.6.35 admin slow load
Looks like a tricky thing. Can still be everything. A bug in LimeSurvey. A configuration issue in the hosting environment. A configuration issue in LimeSurvey.
Hard to solve via asking questions.

You haven't answered the question if everything is slow in the backend of the upgraded LS5? Or are certain user actions very slow?

I would recommend to install a fresh LS 5 in the same shared hosting plan and check if you have the same issues in the backend.

The operating system and webserver running your websites should be found in the phpinfo. You can also click on the version info at the bottom of the backend page. A window should popup with a few system infos.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• brais24
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 months 4 days ago #250612 by brais24
Ok, i give you more info on images, for try to help me figure out where is the problem.
LS info:

Php info:

Also, i installed a local LS5 on XAMPP, to look how activate and see the errors on Limesurvey, i do it first on a local installation because i dont have much experience with this and i dont want to mess up with my main installation, i activate de debug mode on config-defaults.php changing $config = 0; to $config = 1;

I restart the server (i know this is probably not neccesary) but i dont see any difference on LS, once i activate the debug mode, where can i see the errors if theres any error?

And the slowness is weird, works slow when you click "list surveys" or when you click on a survey, but when you have selected a question and push on "modify" the question works instantly, some things takes between 5-10 seconds to load, and others is almost instantly, like they should work.

I think too, to install a new one fresh version, but i have active surveys right now and think on export and import all the surveys to the new installation makes me sweat, and i have LS on a subdomain that i want to keep being the same direcion, so, if we can fix this i prefer it instead of make a new installation, but thanks for the idea.

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 months 4 days ago #250613 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Limesurvey 5.6.35 admin slow load

i activate de debug mode on config-defaults.php changing $config = 0; to $config = 1;

That change should be made in config.php, never modify config-defaults.php.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

• brais24
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 months 4 days ago #250618 by brais24
Yes, i see it right now and i notice the errors appear on the page, i wil try activate it on my installation on an hour that i know theres nobody making surveys, i will let you know the errors that gives me  when i list the surveys or when i select a survey.

• brais24
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 months 23 hours ago #250699 by brais24
I activate the debug mode on the platform on config.php and gives me no errors (not any message on screen) Limesurvey, so i cant know if is there any error, someone have any idea to figure out what is hapening?

Thanks.

• brais24
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 months 23 hours ago #250700 by brais24
Ive been searching for my problem and i found this:

forums.limesurvey.org/index.php/forum/in...slow-loading?start=0

The same thing is happening to me, and on that case seems to be fixed checking out "ComfortUpdateChecker" and "UpdateCheck" on the plugin section.

I deactivate it on my LS but, the popup saying that i have a new update keeps showing up, ¿is that normal if i deactivate the plugin?

And another thing i notice, i installed a new LS on my local machine to do tests, and on my LS on local machine, with the same version of LS 5.6.36 i have the "Update check" on plugins, thing that i dont have on my main LS wich i update via ComfortUpdate, ¿can this be the cause of my problems?

And i see i can delete "ComfortUpdateChecher" from plugins, is there any risk if i do it?

Thanks for the help.

• brais24
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 months 22 hours ago #250702 by brais24
More info, and sorry for the spam, ive been looking on the files of Limesurvey to see if the UpdateCheck plugin is in there and i found this on Aapplication/core/plugins, the plugin is in there, but theres no appear on Limesurvey plugin page to deactivate it.

It is safe to delete or copy on another place the ComfortUpdateChecker and UpdateCheck to make sure that is not that plugins wich is causing me the slowness on Limesurvey?

Thanks for the help.

• tpartner
More
7 months 22 hours ago - 7 months 22 hours ago #250706 by tpartner
Don't delete it, simply disable it.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 7 months 22 hours ago by tpartner.

• brais24
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 months 20 hours ago #250709 by brais24
I already do that, for that reason i ask if i can delete it, because ComfortUpdateChecker is disabled and UpdateCheck is not on plugin listo to deactivate it, but i see it on the folder.

And LS keeps slow on admin side with ComfortUpdateChecker disabled, i wonder if i delete that folders i make sure that is not ComfortUpdateChecker or UpdateCheck is behind making bad things.

Thanks for the help.

• tpartner
More
7 months 17 hours ago #250713 by tpartner
If the plugins are disabled, removing the folders will no affect anything.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose