Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Search Results (Searched for: multiple)

• rbnbchr
14 Mar 2024 16:00
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version:  Version 3.17.1+190408
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================
Hello everyone,
I've four questions in my survey. If the participant selects "Ja" (yes) for a particular item in the 1st question, that item will be displayed in the 3rd and 4th for some follow-up questions (this has worked).

Now, for the 3rd question, I'd like to provide the option to list some additional items that I did not mention in the 2nd question. For this, I used multiple short text (not very practical imo, but I couldn't think of an alternative, maybe there are better ideas?).

Is it possible to use the answers from the 3rd question (if something is added) as additional inputs in the following 4th question (i.e. if something is written in a text field, it should be displayed under the regular elements listed in the last array question)?

I hope this clarifies my concern. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. 
  • holch
14 Mar 2024 15:49
Why not putting all milk brands into 1 multiple numerical question? For sure would be a lot more userfriendly for the respondent to fill and you can show how much they have already distributed from the 100%.

1. Main milk brand
2. Second brand
3. Third brand...
  • tpartner
14 Mar 2024 14:21
Replied by tpartner on topic How to use Vertical Silder
If you want to use a core multiple numeric question, there is a setting for slider orientation - manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Mu...lider_orientation.29

If you want the sliders side-by-side on larger screens, add some CSS like this to the question source:

Code:
<style type="text/css" data-author="Tony Partner">
    @media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {
        #question{QID} .answer-container .row {
            margin: 0;
        }

#question{QID} .answer-container ul {
            display: grid;
            grid-auto-flow: column;
            grid-gap: 3px;
        }

#question{QID} .answer-container li {
            display: block;
            padding: 0;
            border: 1px solid #e7e7e7;
        }

#question{QID} .answer-container li > div > div label {
            display: block;
            margin: 1em 0 1.5em;
            width: 100%;
            text-align: center;
            padding: 0;
        }

#question{QID} .answer-container li > div > div > div {
            text-align: center;
            padding: 0 !important;
        }

#question{QID} .answer-container .ls-slider-answer-row {
            margin: 0;
        }

#question{QID} .answer-container .slider.slider-vertical {
            margin-bottom: 1em;
        }
    }
</style>

Sample survey:  

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...3-14.lss
File Size:30 KB

• AmirahR247
14 Mar 2024 11:47
Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen]
Survey theme/template:
==================
Hi there,

Is there a way to have a maximum sum value over 2 separate questions?

The first question is a numerical input & asks the percentage of main milk brand usage (Milk 1), the next question is a multiple numerical input and asks the percentage of other milk brand usage (Milk 2, Milk 3 etc.).
How can I get the total usage percentage to not exceed 100%? So if in Q1 Milk 1 = 60%, in Q2 Milk 2 + Milk 3 should be forced to sum to 40% (Q2 should be 100%-Q1)

Thanks
  • tpartner
13 Mar 2024 18:30
You only enter the question code (ex. C1).

Answer codes in the ranking question must be identical to the sub-question codes in the multiple-choice question.
  • AntPIC
13 Mar 2024 18:25
Thank you very much!
Some more questions:
in array filter do I have to insert only the question code (ex. C1.NAOK)? Or individual sub-questions (ex. C1_SQ001.NAOK; C1_SQ002.NAOK, ....)?
Finally, once the ranking question has been formulated, which sub-questions should I report? Those in the multiple choice question?
  • Joffm
13 Mar 2024 12:51
I'd say
"array filter" and condition on the question "only display if there are two vegan answers"
  • goirigolzarri
13 Mar 2024 12:29
Replied by goirigolzarri on topic Bloquear cajas de texto de una pregunta
Hola,

La primera pregunta es de tipo opción múltiple, la segunda es varios textos cortos.

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...4918.lss
File Size:29 KB

Gracias!
  • AntPIC
13 Mar 2024 11:52
LimeSurvey Community Edition  Versione 6.2.1Hi, I have a multiple choice question with a maximum of 2 answer options. After asking the question I would like the two vegan answers to be ranked in the next question. How can I do?
  • Joffm
13 Mar 2024 10:15 - 13 Mar 2024 10:15
Replied by Joffm on topic Scoring and Reporting

I often advice to use a "container", a question of type "multiple short text" or "multiple numeric" with as many subquestions as you want to calculate scores.

I used this word "Container" to describe something where I can store many things in one place, like a real container.
And as this "container" you can use any question that allows the storage of multiple items, like
"multiple short text"
"multiple numerical input"
"array(text)"
"array(numbers)"

You saw the example where I stored the results of several equations into the "container", which is in this case a "multiple numerical input".
This is obvious:
It's a question (QCont) with subquestions (1,2,3,4,5,...)
The display is right aligned -> numbers

I see the advantage: Only one question of type "equation" needed and one question to store the results

We also have to launch this Survey in April, and we're already in the 2nd week of March, so time is tight.

I don't remember, how many times we asked for your final survey and an explanation which question have to be scored, in which way, where to display the result, etc.

But unfortunately you still neither provided the survey with the final assessment values (you know, multiplied *100, or so) nor a plan which questions belong to one score, which to another.
like (just an example)
score1: Sum of Q2, Q4, Q13(subquestions Y1,Y2,Y4,Y5) and Q14; if <20 "You can improve", if<40,"Well done" else "Super fantastic, great"
score2: Mean of Q5, Q6; if <2 "You can improve" else "Super fantastic, great"

As written several times.
We can not help without the information.

Joffm
  • DenisChenu
13 Mar 2024 09:04
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Merge multiple surveys into one
I still don't understand ?
How do you merge this surveys ? With TXT export ?

• AmirahR247
13 Mar 2024 02:53
Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen]
Survey theme/template:
==================
Hi there,

How would I make the text entered into the 'other' option of a multiple choice question appear in the following multiple numerical input question (with the inclusion of an array filter)?

E.g -
The first question (multiple choice) has a list of oil brands including an 'Other': Specify option.
Respondent selects each brand they purchase (BP, Caltex & 'Other': Castrol).
In the next question (multiple numerical input) they need to specify the percentage of monthly purchases of each brand.
I've put in an array filter that pulls BP & Caltex from the first question but how do I get it to pull the text inserted in 'Other' (Castrol) so that they can enter a percentage for this as well?

Thanks in advance,
Amirah
  • Joffm
12 Mar 2024 23:53
Replied by Joffm on topic Choice Based Max-Diff Design
Hi,
For these first steps you also can use a javascript solution.
Here I show only ExpressionScript.
1. Create a question of type long text. (QBase)
In the default answer enter your model in this form:
You see in red the version (three digits) followed by the 6 sets of 4 items

2. Create a random number from 1 to your number of versions (question type 'equation') (eqRand)
{if(is_empty(eqRand),rand(1,3),eqRand)}

3. Adjust this random number to 3 digits  (question type 'equation') (eqRand2)
{if(eqRand<10,join('#00',eqRand),if(eqRand<100,join('#0',eqRand),join('#',eqRand)))}

4. Find the matching string in QBase (question type 'equation') (eqVersion)
{substr(QBase,strpos(QBase,eqRand2)+4,24)}

5. Create a question of type multiple short text (Set) with 6 subquestions 1,2,3,4,5,6 (=6 Sets); place it at the end of the group.

6. Split the string (from eqVersion) and assign it to the text question (question type 'equation') (eqSet)
{Set_1=substr(eqVersion,0,4)}
{Set_2=substr(eqVersion,4,4)}
{Set_3=substr(eqVersion,8,4)}
{Set_4=substr(eqVersion,12,4)}
{Set_5=substr(eqVersion,16,4)}
{Set_6=substr(eqVersion,20,4)}

These last two steps are not really necessary but they ease the piping of the texts.

All these questions are hidden.

As mentioned before all this can also be done in javascript
Rough idea:
  1. Create an array containing for all versions these 24 digit strings.
  2. Shuffle the array
  3. Take the first element and distribute 6x4 substrings into the multiple text question.
You will find a lot of examples here. You only have to adapt a little bit.

Now you may create 6 Groups, each with one question with the Maxdiff Layout. All groups get the same randomization group name.
And now you enter these four IF-constructs into the answer options of the first MaxDiff question
{if(substr(Set_1,0,1)=='1','Cooling performance',if(substr(Set_1,0,1)=='2','Energy efficiency',if(substr(Set_1,0,1)=='3','Trouble Free running',if(substr(Set_1,0,1)=='4','Looks of the air-conditioner', if(substr(Set_1,0,1)=='5','Very Low Noise level of the indoor unit',if(substr(Set_1,0,1)=='6','Compact Indoor unit size',if(substr(Set_1,0,1)=='7','Copper Coil reliability – Rust Free','Air throw – speed/ power for fast & even cooling')))))))}

{if(substr(Set_1,1,1)=='1','Cooling performance',if(substr(Set_1,1,1)=='2','Energy efficiency',if(substr(Set_1,1,1)=='3','Trouble Free running',if(substr(Set_1,1,1)=='4','Looks of the air-conditioner', if(substr(Set_1,1,1)=='5','Very Low Noise level of the indoor unit',if(substr(Set_1,1,1)=='6','Compact Indoor unit size',if(substr(Set_1,1,1)=='7','Copper Coil reliability – Rust Free','Air throw – speed/ power for fast & even cooling')))))))}

{if(substr(Set_1,2,1)=='1','Cooling performance',if(substr(Set_1,2,1)=='2','Energy efficiency',if(substr(Set_1,2,1)=='3','Trouble Free running',if(substr(Set_1,2,1)=='4','Looks of the air-conditioner', if(substr(Set_1,2,1)=='5','Very Low Noise level of the indoor unit',if(substr(Set_1,2,1)=='6','Compact Indoor unit size',if(substr(Set_1,2,1)=='7','Copper Coil reliability – Rust Free','Air throw – speed/ power for fast & even cooling')))))))}

{if(substr(Set_1,3,1)=='1','Cooling performance',if(substr(Set_1,3,1)=='2','Energy efficiency',if(substr(Set_1,3,1)=='3','Trouble Free running',if(substr(Set_1,3,1)=='4','Looks of the air-conditioner', if(substr(Set_1,3,1)=='5','Very Low Noise level of the indoor unit',if(substr(Set_1,3,1)=='6','Compact Indoor unit size',if(substr(Set_1,3,1)=='7','Copper Coil reliability – Rust Free','Air throw – speed/ power for fast & even cooling')))))))}

To enter the answer options into the second MaxDiff question you only have to Change "Set_1" to "Set_2", then "Set_3", and so on.

To analyze later, you have to check which item was displayed in which set at which place.
This all you see in the text question "Set".
This way you can restructure the dataset to match the requirements of the analysis.

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...4529.lss
File Size:109 KB

Joffm

N.B.
IN this example the items in each question are in random order. If you do not want this just set the flag in the script to "false".

• lfanfoni
12 Mar 2024 18:08
Provo a suggerirti una soluzione che potrebbe apparirti un po' complessa, ma forse è più semplice da gestire.
I partecipanti della tua survey potrebbero essere i 1000 utenti.
Nelle impostazioni dei partecipanti della survey andrebbero messi questi valori:
- Indagine Anonima=NO
- Abilita la persistenza della risposta basata sui partecipanti: SPENTO
- Consentire risposte multiple oppure aggiornare le risposte con lo stesso codice di accesso: ACCESO
Queste impostazioni fanno sì che uno stesso partecipante con stesso link compila un nuovo questionario ogni volta che lo usa, quindi può fornire risposte multiple e non può modificare le risposte già fornite.
Sempre in relazione ai partecipanti, dovresti definire 9 attributi aggiuntivi, ognuno contenente il flag di "frequentazione" del singolo corso. Ogni settimana aggiorni il singolo partecipante mettendo a true (oppure =1) i flag relativi ai corsi che ha frequentato
Il questionario lo strutturi in modo tale che fai un gruppo di domande per ognuno dei 9 corsi. Per ogni gruppo imposti l'equazione di rilevanza in modo che il gruppo sia visibile in base al valore del flag presenti negli attributi aggiuntivi di cui sopra.
Se ogni settimana fai questo aggiornamento di flag, puoi mandareil link di singolo partecipante ai soli frequentati almeno un corso nella settimana precedente. Questo potrà compilare il questionario con visibili i soli corsi frequentati. Se successivamente frequenterà altri corsi, aggiornando correttamente i flag degli attributi aggiuntivi, accedendo sempre allo stesso link con token, potrà aggiungere una nuova risposta, questa volta relativa ai corsi che ha frequentato e per cui hai aggiornato i flag.
Comunque ti consiglio di fare parecchie prove. Una alternativa all'utilizzo dei flag come attributi aggiuntivi è usare variabili nascoste da valorizzare nel link che invii ai rispondenti. Leggiti questa pagina del manuale: manual.limesurvey.org/URL_fields
per vedere come passare nell'URL valori a variabili nascoste nel questionario.
  • stefan_o
12 Mar 2024 18:06
Replied by stefan_o on topic Merge multiple surveys into one
I'll check with the authors of the surveys
Displaying 136 - 150 out of 741 results.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose