Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

2FA Plugin on CE (different versions) - current status?

• CWFranz
  • CWFranz's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #240358 by CWFranz
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 2 instances, 3.28.48+230207 and 5.6.2+230125
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: self-hosted instances
==================
Hello @all,

I wanted to add 2FA to my CE installations, following the instructions in the manual .
Sadly, I came out way more confused than before and kindly ask for your advice.
  • The link to the 2FA CE plugin in the manual gives me a 404. As does the link to the "Premium account".
  • In LimeStore, the 2FA Plugin by Ahmed Galadima is only available to users who buy the Premium package - I assume this would be the plugin that the manual would have linked me to; I've noticed that it's only compatible with versions 3.x and 4.x though?
  • As I've been paying for a 12-month-ComfortUpdate for over 7 years now I'm not sure what the "Premium account" would be if not that very subscription - I'm unable to obtain the plugin and am regularly taken back to the "buy a Premium account"-page.
My questions to you:
  1. Is there a 2FA plugin compatible with e.g. the Microsoft Authenticator app that I can use both on a 3.28 LTS and a current version 5.x when self-hosting?
  2. If so, do I need to buy a separate account/package for that? (note: I still need to self-host)
  3. Is there a possibility to use a Yubikey instead of TOTP password apps for CE/self-hosted instance logins?
Thank you very much in advance.

Best,
Chris
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by CWFranz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose