Create a theme from scratch: a bit more documentation

More
1 month 1 week ago #172321 by LouisGac
LouisGac created the topic: Create a theme from scratch: a bit more documentation
Since I added the "remove" keyword logic, fixed the "add" keyword logic, and since some team dev forgot to use the twig {{ registerTemplateCssFile(''mystyle.css') }} function, I've updated the Wiki about creating a theme from scratch.

I explained more in details all the logic of the manifest "files" section, and how recursivity works for CSS and JS files.

manual.limesurvey.org/New_Template_Syste...a_theme_from_scratch

Feel free to fix my frenglish, and to ask here for some questions if anything is not clear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch, fvanderstarre, cdorin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #173018 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Create a theme from scratch: a bit more documentation
Hi Louis, didn't start currently a new theme. But since github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/...764aa0873fb8619dR424 applications/views/ is always readed at end of all template twig file : maybe we can move some vanilla files from vanilla to core ? Or create more really simple twig for core (without any options/javascript hack etc …).

Then, for example : a theme dev can create a new template from scratch but without all functionality (register/survey listing/optin/optout etc …).

What it's your opinion on such system ? For 4.0 or can start now ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #173019 by LouisGac
LouisGac replied the topic: Create a theme from scratch: a bit more documentation
yeah a "skeleton" theme for limesurvey without any option, nor the ajax system, is needed for easy learning of the theme engine.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #173022 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Create a theme from scratch: a bit more documentation
OK, i create a mantis issue with

1. What twig file we can move to app/views/ without updating
2. What twig file we must rewrite before moving to app/views/

:)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!