Js problem? Cant add or edit questions and templates

More
2 years 9 months ago #111941 by suhaaktas
suhaaktas created the topic: Js problem? Cant add or edit questions and templates
i just freshly installed limesurvey final build to my server. everything looks fine except for js thingy. cant click to add my question button after i write it. and when i hover the question types in the same screen, the tiny preview page doesnt appear like it does in my localhost. also i cant edit or create templates. i think these both issues are connected each other. i guess i have to enable js in my lime? what should i do? sorry for bad english.

Ps: i ve aldready tried to clear my browser cache. 3 computer used for testing.

limesurvey205plus-build140821

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #112036 by suhaaktas
suhaaktas replied the topic: Js problem? Cant add or edit questions and templates
Any help? upupup

More
2 years 9 months ago #112038 by holch
holch replied the topic: Js problem? Cant add or edit questions and templates
Sound like not all files have been uploaded correctly. Happens sometimes with FTP.

How did you upload?

Maybe also a permission problem. Did you give the right permissions to folders as described in the installation manual?

On Windows with Xampp for example you usually don't have those permission problems.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: suhaaktas

More
2 years 9 months ago #112041 by suhaaktas
suhaaktas replied the topic: Js problem? Cant add or edit questions and templates
i used filezilla with binary mode as instructed. i gave the privileges of 777 to the described folders. i m gonna reupload and re-install and post the updates here.
i use a redhat host. ty for the answer

More
2 years 9 months ago #112042 by holch
holch replied the topic: Js problem? Cant add or edit questions and templates
just upload the files again. No reinstallation necessary. Just upload the files again. If there was a file missing, it should solve the problem already.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now