Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Installed & Started but without any Menus

• henryb2000
  • henryb2000's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #110445 by henryb2000
Installed & Started but without any Menus was created by henryb2000
I’ve installed Limesurvey 2.05+, got the message ‘no input file specified’ and corrected that by adjusting urlformat from ‘path’ to ‘get’ in the config file in application/config. So now I’m getting the login page but Icannot login. I addressed that by adding two users in mysql directly. So now I can login OK. However, there are no menus after login in. See attached picture.

Help! What do I do to get the functionality of this program after successfully logging in. I used to use a much earlier version and that was working fine. This is a clean install. I ran out of options because I’ve now done this five times with the same result everytime. On all five occasions I have to adjust the urlformat and add the users in the mysql db but on none of the occasions I’ve been able to get a screen after login that is of any useful purpose.

Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 8 months ago #110447 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Installed & Started but without any Menus
You don't have a superadmin user i think.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • henryb2000
  • henryb2000's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #110503 by henryb2000
Replied by henryb2000 on topic Installed & Started but without any Menus
OK. Problem solved. I am installing on Godaddy shared hosting.
Creating a super user will not work as that access is not given to persons with shared services, so here is how you get 2.05+ to work on Godaddy shared hosting. Don’t call Godaddy, they will tell you it can’t work.
Fresh installation:
1) Install 1.92+ (remember that you will have to supply the necessary info to the config file before you run the installation. 1.92+ will successfully create admin with default password=password
2) After successfully installing 1.92+, delete the entire limesurvey folder and upload the 2.05+ (make note of the config settings you use for 1.92+)
3) Navigate to the new limesurvey/admin directory and follow the instructions. Be sure to use the same config settings used for 1.92+. The old db will be detected and the installation will continue. At the end you may receive the error message “no input file specified”. Just edit urlformat and change the variable value from “path” to “get” in the config file. That’s it.
4) Go back to limesurvey/admin once more and it will run the necessary config and conversion.
5) Close your browser and re-launch. Once more visit limesurvey/admin and you should be able to login with admin and password. You may change the password at this stage.
Upgrade:
1) If you already have 1.92+ installed, then all you need to do is to reuse that database with the same config settings. Simply delete the limesurvey folder and upload 2.05+
2) Run the setup by visiting limesurvey/admin and reuse the settings that match the old installation. Steps 3, 4, & & 5 above follows. Good luck!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose