Bulletted text

More
4 years 2 months ago #110282 by jpw
jpw created the topic: Bulletted text
I'm trying to format bullet text and I can't get it to work. The wrapped text is not aligned with the first line of text but starts at under the bullet. I want to wrap the text so all subsequent lines start under the first line of text. Can anyone help with this?

Example of what it looks like:

• Please use only the Previous Page and Next Page buttons to go back to a previous question or move on to the next one. Please do not use the back and forward arrows in your browser for navigation.

I want the text to align under the "P" in Please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #110304 by Sal
Sal replied the topic: Bulletted text
Do you have a link to your website, so I can see what's going on?

Generally, you would enclose the list in
<ul> </ul>
tags, and each item would be enclosed in the
<li> </li>
tags.

More
4 years 2 months ago #110305 by jpw
jpw replied the topic: Bulletted text
That is what I have but the format is not working for me. Here is the link to the question.

impaqsurvey.com/index.php/admin/question...89/gid/629/qid/10875

More
4 years 2 months ago #110316 by Sal
Need a login.

More
4 years 2 months ago #110359 by jpw
jpw replied the topic: Bulletted text
Sorry, forgot about the login, here is the source code used for the question:

<p style="text-align: justify;">
 </p>
<p style="text-align: justify;">
<strong><span style="font-size: 14px;">Instructions for Completing the Survey</span></strong></p>
<p>
<strong> </strong></p>
<ul>
<li>
<strong>Please use only the Previous Page and Next Page buttons to go back to a previous question or move on to the next one.  Please do not use the back and forward arrows in your browser for navigation.</strong></li>
</ul>
<p>
<strong> </strong></p>
<ul>
<li>
<strong>Because the survey saves automatically each time you click "Next Page", it is possible to close the survey and re-open it again at a future date.  Just click no the link in your email again and it will take you to your partially completed survey with all completed pages saved.</strong></li>
</ul>

More
4 years 2 months ago #110365 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Bulletted text
CSS issue : template.css dependant. Need a public example.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
4 years 2 months ago #110367 by Sal
Do need to see what the CSS is doing as well; however, I'm not sure I understand the code. It looks like you are opening a list with the ul tag, but then closing it right away. Should look more like this:

<ul> <---This starts the list.

<li> <---This is one bullet in the list
<strong>Please use only the Previous Page and Next Page buttons to go back to a previous question or move on to the next one.  Please do not use the back and forward arrows in your browser for navigation.</strong>
</li> <---This is the end of one bullet in the list
(NO UL TAGS HERE)
<li> 
<strong>Because the survey saves automatically each time you click "Next Page", it is possible to close the survey and re-open it again at a future date.  Just click no the link in your email again and it will take you to your partially completed survey with all completed pages saved.</strong>
</li>

</ul>  <---- This ends the list.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!