Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Error on saving survey

• rleinfellner
  • rleinfellner's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #110256 by rleinfellner
Error on saving survey was created by rleinfellner
Just did a number of new installs of V2.05 and all have the same issue.
When I try to save a survey I get
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /survey/index.php/admin/database/index/updatesurveylocalesettings on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Depending on what I have changed the /database/index/updatesurveylocalesettings is different every time. I installed the SW using the softalicious script my webhost provides.

The permissions look ok.

However I am able to save a survey if I just type in a title, but then if I start adding welcome text etc. it stops working again. Seems to be random, ie I am unable to tell what specific text entry causes the fail.

Any ideas please

Richard
The topic has been locked.
  • rleinfellner
More
9 years 8 months ago #110317 by rleinfellner
Replied by rleinfellner on topic Error on saving survey
Problem sorted now, the hosting provider had turned on mod_security settings which caused the save to fail. By looking at the logs they managed to find out which ones and restore access. :)
More
9 years 8 months ago #110321 by danika
Replied by danika on topic Error on saving survey
Same issue here, and installed exactly the same way. Would your host be Name Cheap, or one of their affiliates? The issue was resolved, but it continues to pop up when adding objects such as buttons and scripts that the server apparently does not like.
  • rleinfellner
More
9 years 8 months ago #110322 by rleinfellner
Replied by rleinfellner on topic Error on saving survey
Yes it was namecheap. They had to remove 3 rules, one at the time. I can now post surveys but have not tried all the features.

Actually used to work just fine a few months ago, but I think they did a major security update and this may have caused issues.
More
9 years 8 months ago #110323 by danika
Replied by danika on topic Error on saving survey
Same issue, same host here. I have an open ticket on this, and I am hoping it is resolved. Some things work, but I need everything to work is the issue. Fingers xd.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose