Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Error Message: Could not instantiate mail function.

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
12 years 4 months ago #70057 by Mazi
Do you host Limesurvey on a server or on your local system?

Does switching to a different email method work for you?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 4 months ago #70072 by Csaba
On a webserver. Other methods also not work.
  • Mazi
More
12 years 4 months ago #70092 by Mazi
Does emailing work for other web-applications?

Does your provider support email sending using SMTP at all?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
More
8 years 8 months ago #124060 by Sabowano_16007
Replied by Sabowano_16007 on topic Error Message: Could not instantiate mail function.
I'm having the same error now on Version 2.06+ Build 150629. I haven't changed anything in my SMTP settings. If I send the emails one at a time, they work. I sent 20 at once; the debug appeared to show them sent; however they do not show up as sent in the token list. I don't know what to do. Hopefully not click 170 times! Thanks people.
More
8 years 8 months ago #124156 by GCPS
I am having the same problem. The difference for me is that out of 155 survey participants, only 2 email address reported "instantiate" email errors. All other emails sent out fine. All emails used the same domain address @gwinnett.k12.ga.us. So, I'm unsure why these two rec'd errors.

We are running Lime Survey on Blue Host. Lime Survery Version 2.05+ Build 150211

Any suggestions on my next steps?

Cheers,
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #124183 by Sabowano_16007
Replied by Sabowano_16007 on topic Error Message: Could not instantiate mail function.
Upgrading to Version 2.06+ Build 150825 fixed this for me. Whew! Many thanks to all those who worked on it, including delivery. It was a painless upgrade, done manually as per the guide.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Sabowano_16007.
More
8 years 8 months ago #124231 by GCPS
PKSupport -> Thanks for the response. I was able to send the final two addresses by switching browsers...from Chrome to FF. Clearing the cache, deleting, re-entering participants & email addresses had no effect in Chrome. Sigh.

We are using LS via 3rd party hosting service (Blue Host) so I am not entirely sure how upgrading works. This is our first time at the Lime Survey party. I will investigate upgrading and look for "the guide". Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,
More
7 years 2 months ago #148266 by AnnaBH
I have the same problem. I have Version 2.00+ Build 130708 and I have it on my own server (not done by me). The thing is that it has worked like a charm to use it until a week ago. Now it refuses to send every mail. Tried to send to myself to but it ditn´t work. I can´t update it on my own and my prior computerguy isn´t available so if I can´t solve it I will have to abandon Limesurvey :(
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 2 months ago #148268 by DenisChenu
@AnnaBH : then someone disable php mail function during the week.

But you can use any other way to send email : try SMTP for example : manual.limesurvey.org/Global_settings#Email_settings

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
7 years 2 months ago #148273 by AnnaBH
Then I think I have to give up. I can´t find where I can do those settings. See the picture.
Attachments:
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 2 months ago #148274 by DenisChenu
You need to be allowed to update seetings on this part : seems someone else have this access ....

See with this person

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
7 years 2 months ago #148277 by holch
You could always just install it again in parallel. It isn't too difficult and has become a lot easier over the years. 2.00 is pretty old, so you should update anyway. 3,5 years is ancient in terms of web applications. Loads of bug fixes and improvements have been made since. Seems like the previous IT guy hasn't done anything on Limesurvey for a while.

There are ways to reset the admin password, if you have access to the installation and the database.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose