Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Piping in token attributes for Administrator and Admin email

• cgrewal94
  • cgrewal94's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #257898 by cgrewal94
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.6.56
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own Server
Survey theme/template: Custom Tempate
==================
Hi there,

I am having an issue trying to pipe in token attributes for the "Adminstrator" and "Admin Email" fields. In our previous install of 3.8.1 this used to work. On the current version it doesn't pipe in anything and retains the curly braces.

One other spot it no longer pipes in the attribute is in my theme options. I have a field called "Help email" which I have set to pipe in as {ATTRIBUTE_8}@sentis.ca, however the output does not translate attribute_8 into its token value.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #257899 by Joffm
So you want to have a different admin (email) for each particupant?

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

• cgrewal94
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #257901 by cgrewal94
Yes, sometimes in a survey for a client we have different sub brands that need their own branding. So we could have around 15,000 participants but 4 different sub brands split amongst them.

• holch
More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #257903 by holch
Afaik outside of the email templates you need to explain that the attribute comes from the tokens, so you need to use something like {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1}.

In the email templates for invitation and reminder no "TOKEN" though. Confusing, I know, I think that is how it works.

But I think that has always been the case, even in LS 3.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by holch.

• cgrewal94
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #257904 by cgrewal94
We have our old limesurvey still running and I just checked and it doesn't use token just the attribute. I tried on the new install with TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_8 and for some reason when I do that it just uses my templates default email not what is supposed to be piped in. If I drop the TOKEN then I just see "{ATTRIBUTE_8}@test.ca"

• holch
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #257906 by holch
Did you save the token into the survey in your old installation?

if you use {ATTRIBUTE_8}@test.ca for the admin notification email, Limesurvey will search for a question called "ATTRIBUTE_8" and it won't find it.

And what is a "templates default email"? Never heard of that. Templates usually don't have default emails.

I assume you do have token table and you do test with a token link, right?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• cgrewal94
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #257909 by cgrewal94
What do you mean by saving the token into the survey?

Sorry, by default I meant the global default under configuration -> global -> email settings.

If I send as {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_8}@test.ca, then it falls back to my global defualt of surveys@test.ca. If I change it to a static value instead, then it sends using the correct email.

In the body of my email it is able to correctly pull in the token information.

• holch
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #257917 by holch

If I send as {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_8}@test.ca, then it falls back to my global defualt of surveys@test.ca. If I change it to a static value instead, then it sends using the correct email.

This sounds really strange. Why would it take the admin email from the email settings? This is just for sending.

What do you mean by saving the token into the survey?

I mean that in the other survey you might have saved the attribute from the token table into a question and then draw the email from there into the admin notification field. Just trying to make sense of what is happening.

And we are talking about the email that the notification is being sent TO right, not FROM?

Can you make a copy of your survey, delete everything unnecessary and provide us with the LSS so we can have a look? It is a lot of guesswork at the moment. Sometimes a simple look at the LSS can solve things quickly (or not).

• DenisChenu
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #258026 by DenisChenu
Expression manager are not available in From part : must create a feature request.
Can be done by plugin

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose