Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Limesurvey: buttons not working

• bbboooggg
  • bbboooggg's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #253220 by bbboooggg
Limesurvey: buttons not working was created by bbboooggg
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Community Edition Version 6.3.8+231204
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own server
Survey theme/template: fruity
==================
(Write here your question/remark)

We run LimeSurvey on this server since 2020.
I have an admin account.

Starting Friday, I can not do almost anything from that admin account. We have two other admin accounts, they experience the same issues. The regular accounts (with not admin rights) work just fine.

Here is how the issue manifests:
=========================
I can login without problems.
The home screen shows perfectly.
I can click on the main choices (Create survey, list survey, global choices, Manage survey admins, Labels sets, Themes), and they lead me exactly where they are supposed to. However, there I can not do almost anything: I cannot export data from surveys, surveys of survey groups, I cannot change/add users, etc.
Coming back to the main screen, I cannot click on "help", "configuration", "notifications", my own account. Actually, I can click, but nothing happens.

If entering a survey, I can see the structure, groups, questions, but I can not operate any edit (clicking on "edit" brings the screen in a loop), or export, add, etc.

==============

As I have said, we tried with the other admin account, it was the same outcome.
We have tried from various browsers: all on Windows - Mozzilla Firefox, Edge, Vivaldi, Opera, Chrome, and on different (3) computers) and on my Android phone. Nothing changed.
Clearing cache from browser was also tried, but I am still posting here, so there was no effect.
A colleague with a regular account could implement a survey with no difficulty on Friday/Saturday. However, all regular account are tied to certain projects...

+++++++++

Did anyone else experience this behaviour? Is there a simple solution that one can suggest?

Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by bbboooggg. Reason: typos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #253234 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Limesurvey: buttons not working
OK, so normally stuff like this only happens, when there are changes to the system.

I am seeing that you are running LS 6.3.8+231204 which was released last week. Does this mean that the issues arose since the last update?

There is also a newer update LS 6.3.9+231211. You might want to try to update to the latest version to see if your issue has been resolved, but I haven't seen anything that might match your problem description in the change log.
Code:
Changes from 6.3.8 (build 231204) to 6.3.9 (build 231211) December 11, 2023
-Fixed issue: Unable to update from pre 495 version (#3607) (Denis Chenu)
-Fixed issue #CT-531: not able to download quickCSVReport (Patrick Teichmann)
-Fixed issue #CT-531: Timing statistics button is missing from the responses view (Patrick Teichmann)
-Fixed issue #CT-531: Popover error on empty string in responsesListTable (twilligls)
-Fixed issue #19262: Invalid fruity_twentythree template directory on PostgreSQL (#3642) (Olle Härstedt)
-Fixed issue #18961: {SURVEYURL} didn't work with plugin using cli event (Gabriel Jenik)
#Updated translation: Slovak by jelen1
#Updated translation: Polish by elissa
#Updated translation: Polish (Informal) by elissa
#Updated translation: Korean by modernity4r
#Updated translation: Japanese by d_inoue, nomoto
#Updated translation: Hungarian by kkd, tkazinczy
#Updated translation: Hebrew by neaman
#Updated translation: German by c_schmitz
#Updated translation: Finnish by Jmantysalo
#Updated translation: Czech by jelen1
#Updated translation: Czech (Informal) by jelen1

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
1 week 2 days ago #260512 by DPSGAugsburg
Replied by DPSGAugsburg on topic Limesurvey: buttons not working
I have almost the same problem.
We're running the current version LimeSurvey Community Edition Version 6.5.3+240415 on our server.
I can do almost anything but edit user groups. The window to add user groups for example is stuck in a loop.

For the past 5 months we've been on comfort update, but I cannot really tell when the issue first occurred, but it wasn't fixed with the last two updates.
Help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

• holch
More
1 week 2 days ago #260517 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Limesurvey: buttons not working
If this is an issue on the latest version of Limesurvey, please create a bug report.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose