Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

A Bug in Add Attachments to Invitations

• ericgraig
  • ericgraig's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 3 days ago #251426 by ericgraig
A Bug in Add Attachments to Invitations was created by ericgraig
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen]
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting:
Survey theme/template:
==================
I am attempting to add an attachment to a survey invite but when I click the relevant button at the bottom of the "Edit email template" page the screen freezes and cannot be recovered. This has occurred repeatedly all day and I have tried both MS Edge and Google Chrome. I have cleared cookies and tried restarting the various browsers. I have also recreated the invite several times but no joy. 

The behavior can be seen in the attached MP4.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 months 3 days ago #251428 by holch
Replied by holch on topic A Bug in Add Attachments to Invitations
You did not respond which Version of LS you are using.

And responders in the forum usually do not want to download a Zip file to understand your problem.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• ericgraig
  • ericgraig's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 3 days ago #251430 by ericgraig
Replied by ericgraig on topic A Bug in Add Attachments to Invitations
 I am using the latest online version, which is to say that I am NOT hosting it myself. I upgraded to the latest version this morning. I can understand a reluctance to download a Zip file but I don't have another way of sharing a video. At any rate, the problem is with the button described in the original message.

Eric

• holch
More
6 months 3 days ago - 6 months 3 days ago #251431 by holch
Replied by holch on topic A Bug in Add Attachments to Invitations

I am using the latest online version, which is to say that I am NOT hosting it myself. I upgraded to the latest version this morning.

The "latest online version" unfortunately doesn't really help. The latest this morning might not be the latest this afternoon. And then there are currently 3 different supported branches of Limesurvey (LS3, LS5, LS6), so there are currently 3 different "latest" versions at any given time.

So you could have just written 6.3.0 (which can be seen in your screenshot at the bottom right).

The fact that you are "not hosting yourself" also doesn't help much, it would be important to know who is hosting (there are other companies that host Limesurvey and often people in the forum think that if their university or their employer is hosting, that it is "Limesurvey Hosting"). But also in your screenshot I can see the URL and that leads me to the conclusion that your installation is hosted by the Limesurvey GmbH through their SaaS offer.

As you are paying customer of the Limesurvey GmbH I recommend to open a support ticket directly with them (Go to the website, click on Support, do not let you redirect to the forum... :-) ).

The forum is almost exclusively users helping users with the Community Edition of Limesurvey and we have no access nor insights into the servers of Limesurvey GmbH. So I think it is best to get in touch with them directly via a support ticket.

Of course, for anything we can help with in the forum, you can still use the forum for support (e.g. questions on how to do certain things in Limesurvey, etc). But I think in this specific case it doesn't make sense for us to try to trouble shoot in the forum, while the Limesurvey GmbH has access to the servers, etc, which we do have not and might have to do a lot of guess work.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 6 months 3 days ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

• DenisChenu
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #251729 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic A Bug in Add Attachments to Invitations

I am using the latest online version, which is to say that I am NOT hosting it myself. I upgraded to the latest version this morning.

As you are paying customer of the Limesurvey GmbH I recommend to open a support ticket directly with them (Go to the website, click on Support, do not let you redirect to the forum... :-) ).

+1 !

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose