Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can no longer change question type

• driz
  • driz's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 months 4 weeks ago #246240 by driz
LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey Community Edition Version 6.2.3+230821 
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server (Installatron)
Survey theme/template: Fruity TwentyThree
==================
Hi all,

I am using Limesurvey with auto updates through Installatron. The version copied above is the latest that is available to me, and I think I got it installed a few days ago as my most recent auto-backup is from a few days ago. A few weeks ago I didn't have this issue, but I have run into the issue suddenly yesterday. 

The problem is that I cannot change question type. I can open the popup that allows you to change question type, and I have attached a screenshot of what I see when I open the popup. I can select the different question types, but the preview screen to the right does not change. Also, the select button does nothing (the browser does not respond to it noticeably). I am using Brave Browser (Version 1.57.53 Chromium: 116.0.5845.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I have also tried this in Chrome, and in Edge. It doesn't work in either of these browsers. 

Any idea what could be the issue or what I could do to resolve this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 months 4 weeks ago #246254 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Can no longer change question type
We have no idea what Installatron does with Limesurvey while installing. I personally would stay away from these tools, as you don't know what they actually do in the background.

Installing Limesurvey is fairly easy today, with a couple of clicks. And Updating it is also no big deal. With Comfort Update (costs involved!) you can also keep it up to date with more "comfort" than manual updates.

It is hard to say, what is going on there. I haven't heard about this issue in the forum.

I would have a look at the release note of the releases that came after the one you have to see if there has been a bug fixed with your issue:
community.limesurvey.org/releases/

Here what has been fixed in LS 6.2.4 build 230825
Code:
+New feature: Import survey lss file via command line (lajosarpad)
-Fixed issue #CR-1285: User should be able to reorder questions within a group of an activated survey (#3346) (Mohab E)
-Fixed issue #CR-1285: Allow the user to rearrange questions within an activated survey within a group (Mohab E)
-Fixed issue #CR-1272: Upload & Install button on admin theme tab shouldn't be there (#3348) (Mohab E)
-Fixed issue #CR-1243: Fix survey default languages removal alert (#3350) (Mohab E)
-Fixed issue #CR-1230: Deactivate survey - wrong name of the responses table (#3347) (Mohab E)
-Fixed issue #19028: Send email only to participants with partial responses - should not be available for anonymous surveys (Kevin Foster)
-Fixed issue #19003: [security] XSS Reflected via import file function (#3369) (Gabriel Jenik)
#Updated translation: Italian by lfanfoni
#Updated translation: Italian (Informal) by lfanfoni
#Updated translation: German by c_schmitz, maren.fritz

If this would be a general bug in LS 6.2.3+230821, I am sure it would have been noticed fairly quickly as it would be a show stopper.

This is probably not the case here, but you can't change the question type in active surveys. But if this would be your case, I think you shouldn't even be able to open the popup layer. Just throwing it out there.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• driz
  • driz's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 months 4 weeks ago #250764 by driz
Replied by driz on topic Can no longer change question type
Apologies for the late reply, but I resolved the issue by installing 6.2.5+230828 manually, rather than through Installatron.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose