Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Export Statistics not working with matrix (numbers) question

• jmarques
  • jmarques's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 months 4 weeks ago - 9 months 4 weeks ago #244690 by jmarques
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.2.3
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: Own server
Survey theme/template: 
==================
I'm trying to export survey statiscs through the remote control API however if the survey has a question with the response type Matrix (numbers) the API returns an error claiming that the property is undefined. This may happen with other types of question answers however at this point I cannot confirm or deny this. Is this a know issue, can it be fixed by bumping versions or is the only way forward is to change the survey?

Edit: Python API call
Code:
payload = {     'method': 'export_statistics',     'params': {         'sSessionKey': session_key,         'iSurveyID': survey_id,         'sDocumentType': 'xls',     },     'id': 1 } headers = {     'content-type': 'application/json' } response = requests.post(url, data=json.dumps(payload), headers=headers)

Second Edit: I'm making this edit as na update as recommended in this thread I've tried ot bump the version both to LS5.6.27 and LS6.1.5 (where the matrix is replaced by the Array (Numbers) ) and the issue with export statistics through the remote control API persists.
Last edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by jmarques. Reason: formating

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 months 4 weeks ago - 9 months 4 weeks ago #244694 by holch
I am not an expert in terms of the API, but without seeing your API call it can't be ruled out that you have an error in your call.

So for the experts to help you I think you should show your API call here.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmarques

• jmarques
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #244696 by jmarques
Thank you for your input.

I've added the python code used to make the request, I'll also add that with the same code I can work with no problems with other surveys that do not have the response type in question.

• holch
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #244698 by holch
OK, this might help the API experts to have a better idea.

I'll also add that with the same code I can work with no problems with other surveys that do not have the response type in question.

I think this is very important information. It makes this look like a very specific issue with a specific question type, potentially a bug.

However, I see that your LS version is LS5.2.3 which was released on 22.11.2021. So this hasn't received any updates, bug fixes and security patches for over 1,5 years.

Before you dig any deeper and potentially make a bug report you need to update your version to the latest LS5 and see if the issue persists. I don't think it makes sense to solve an issue which might have been solved by an update long ago.

If the problem persists with the latest release of LS5 you should make a bug report. If you do it now, the first request of the developers will be for you to update and see if the issue persists. :-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• jmarques
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #244707 by jmarques
Once again thank you for your response.

I will try to bump the version to the latest LS5 and follow up.

• jmarques
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #244712 by jmarques
I've tried with updated versions (and updated the original post accordingly) and the issue seems to persist.

Since I'm new to LS and I don't find the option of bug reporting in the forums could someone guide me to the best place to report the bug?

Thank you once again.

• holch
More
9 months 4 weeks ago #244714 by holch
Go to limesurvey.org, scroll down to the bottom, go to community -> contribute -> bug tracker.

Or directly via bugs.limesurvey.org

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose