Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

SQL: SQLSTATE[22P02]: Invalid text representation: 7 ERROR: invalid input syntax

• mferraz
  • mferraz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 months 1 week ago #254519 by mferraz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 months 1 week ago #254525 by holch
Well, over the holiday season, for sure a lot of LS employees are on holidays.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mferraz

• mferraz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 months 1 week ago #254538 by mferraz
And it's worse on version 6.4.2+240115, it happens just after login. So, no one can now use our LimeSurvey installation.

Is again related to PostgreSQL, they probably need to abandon their support for it because they have just a few people that support it.
Unfortunately, we've opted for PostgreSQL on this new installation.

• mferraz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 months 1 week ago #254542 by mferraz
But looking at the last commit on git, it seems to be some updates to translations. Could that be related to a Portuguese installation?

github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/...a3d53efcb3b88adac371

github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/...239273633508768f9da9

• mferraz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 months 1 week ago #254546 by mferraz

• holch
More
3 months 1 week ago #254549 by holch

Could that be related to a Portuguese installation?

There is no real such thing as "Portuguese installation". It is all the same installation, just the language settings are different. So if it would be a language issue, it could be easily checked by switching to for example English and see if it happens.

PostgreSQL is always risky, because less people test Limesurvey on Postgre. In theory it should work, because the framework works with Postgre, but you know how things are in software development, you need to test everything to make sure it works. I would guess that 90% of all installations are on MySQL and similar, then there are a few on MsSQL and some on Postgre. Both are a lot less tested and thus those things can happen.

I personally would always try to run Limesurvey with MySQL, just because it runs smoother from what I can see, for above reasons.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• mferraz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 months 1 week ago #254551 by mferraz
I know there isn't a Portuguese installation. That was just a figure of speech, we can change a survey to English to try it, that did work in the past, but this issue with the latest release was affecting just right after login.

I was just pointing out the fact that in the latest release, we had some translations updated, and one of them was in fact the Portuguese one.

I had to downgrade the version so we can use the platform.

Sure, we can change it again to MySQL, is there any migration script or plan for that?

• holch
More
3 months 1 week ago #254553 by holch
Changes in any language just means that there has been an update to the language file, mostly because more strings have been translated or translations have been updated. This should not impact the functionality of the installation, just have more parts translated. Of course, issues can never be excluded 100%, but I think it is pretty safe to say, that this should have nothing to do with the update for the Portuguese language files. I think at the moment there is little you can do than wait for the bug report to be worked on.

More
3 months 1 week ago #254582 by mmilinovsky
Hi mferraz,

> I had to downgrade the version so we can use the platform.

to which version did you downgrade and how did you do that? Same procedure as upgrading to a new version?

• mferraz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 months 1 week ago #254583 by mferraz
Hi.

Exactly, I've downloaded directly from github, from the last week commit: github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/tree/52...eccfb4eaa900d1dde9f4

More
3 months 1 week ago #254837 by JiyaHana
Check you are providing a valid value for the qid parameter when creating a new survey. The error suggests an invalid input syntax for type integer, indicating that an empty or non-integer value is being used where an integer is expected.

Ex,

UPDATE lime_question_l10ns SET qid = 1 WHERE qid = ' ';

• DenisChenu
More
3 months 5 days ago #254854 by DenisChenu

Check you are providing a valid value for the qid parameter when creating a new survey. The error suggests an invalid input syntax for type integer, indicating that an empty or non-integer value is being used where an integer is expected.

Ex,

UPDATE lime_question_l10ns SET qid = 1 WHERE qid = ' ';

Nonsense, dumb advice ... done with chatGPT?

Just do not set qid, since it's a serial for pgSQL, AUTO_INCREMENT for MariaDB and IDENTITY for Mssql

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose