Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Inaccessible admin panel

• jorge_ici
  • jorge_ici's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #240303 by jorge_ici
Inaccessible admin panel was created by jorge_ici
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.5.1+
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: localhost
Survey theme/template: fruity
==================

Hello,

A few months ago, I had an operation that went wrong. I had a manual installation of LS, which I imported (through Softaculous) to switch to automatic updates. In fact, this happened (and continues to happen) but I can no longer access the administration panel. When I try to access it, I get the error message: "401: Unauthorized. Wrong credentials for LimeSurvey administration"

In Softaculous I manage to change (and save) the Administrator account (and corresponding password), but the error remains. I also used CPanel's [MySQL® Databases] option, I did the DB [Check] and everything is OK. I then used the [Repair Database] option and got the message "Repair Complete!" However, when I try to access the admin panel, the error message remains.

After consulting the LS manual, I tried resetting the password via ResetPasswordController ( SondagesPro / coreAndTools / ResetPasswordController - GitLab ) but without success.
I also changed the password in phpMyAdmin with a SHA -256 hash calculator | Xorbin , but to no avail.

Hence, I ask please: is there any other way to get access to the LS administration panel again? I have a second installation of LimeSurvey (on the same website) where everything works perfectly.

Many thanks,
JR

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 2 months ago #240313 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Inaccessible admin panel
The problem is that no one knows what Softaculous does with the installation. So difficult to say. I will highly recommend to stay away from these platforms.

Limesurvey is fairly easy to install and manual updates are also no rocket science. Or get the comfort update. Also not extremely expensive and fairly "comfortable".

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose