Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

relevance equation set to 1 after modifying survey question

• lowprofile2
  • lowprofile2's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #239994 by lowprofile2
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version:  3.24
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: self hosted
Survey theme/template:
==================
Hi,

We have started to experience an issue where when you edit a question (even just the text of a question)
the relevance equation for all questions in the survey gets reset/set to 1 , (besides for the question your editing).

If there are questions that have conditions, the conditions still show on the condition editor in that question but since the relevance equation is 1 for the same question (because it was reset) the conditions do not take effect.

Is there somehow we can diagnose if this was caused by something in the database? DB logs/application logs dont show anything useful.
From what I understand there is a call to regenerate relevance here
/application/controllers/admin/database.php

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 2 months ago #239997 by holch
Before you start any major search for issues and bugs, I would highly recommend to update to the latest version (LTS Release 3.28.47) and see if the problem persists. I don't think it makes sense to research for issues in a version of LS that is at least over 2 years old (latest version of 3.24.x was LS 3.24.6 build 201109, so it was released on 09.11.2020.
( community.limesurvey.org/release/201109/ ). As you didn't provide the full build number this is the latest date.

A lot of things can have happened since then. You might also want to have a look into the release notes and see if it mentions anything about a bug fix that sounds like your problem, from your version to the lastet version.

But I think, before you do anything else, do an update. You should make updates on a regular basis anyway. 2-3 years can include a lot of changes.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lowprofile2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose