Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

kubernetes long request duration and upload button issue

• jimmi4u
  • jimmi4u's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #232955 by jimmi4u
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: 5.4.2
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: own
Survey theme/template: based on vanilla
==================
Hi @all,
I have two questions and really need some help:
we are building a ha cluster for LS in k3s running in a rocky image. We also applied an postgres and redis operator, which are running in the same dev-cluster on a 4 core and 8Gb RAM VM.
We did also load-tests on some surveys and the request duration is pretty high (above 30sec for 250 users), while cpu usage is going to 2.5cores and memory to a bit more than 3Gig. Is there a best practice guidance on how to optimize settings for LS or has someone else achieved good results with php-fpm, redis and pgo?  In production we will go for 8cpus and 16GB. Is this appropriate or do we need more?
while doing some testing we discovered that the upload button in surveys is not accessible (while clicking on the button no pop-up occurs) until the page is refreshed. After page refreshing the button appears. seems that the .js library is not loaded while accessing the survey. And it doesn't matter if the upload "question" is in the beginning or somewhere else in the survey.
Can somebody prove this behaviour? Is this a bug? This was in all tested 5.x versions.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by jimmi4u.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #232962 by jelo
I recommend to open a bug ticket for the upload button.
You might check if the issue is existing in the demo.limesurvey.org/admin environment too.

We seldom see clustering with LimeSurvey here. The LimeSurveyCloud offer is using just dedicated servers ;-)

LimeSurvey is creating big session files (in your setup the sessions are in a database, right?) at the start and PostGres and MS SQL database code is often having more issues that MySQL/MariaDB (where the code is mostly testet against).
I don't see issues with php-fpm.

I remember a few threads around HA setups over the years. But I don't see practical value for your setup.

forums.limesurvey.org/forum/installation...in-high-avaliability
forums.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-thi...-server-would-i-need

What kind of loading test is used?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

• jimmi4u
  • jimmi4u's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 6 months ago #232983 by jimmi4u
Hi jelo and thanks for the quick response!

ok I'll open up a bug ticket for the upload button.

I didn't change much on the config files except for the db connection which btw is going through pgpool. Redis is doing the caching for php-fpm.
We have an old BM LS server running on version 3 where the response times are a lot better. Did something in LSs backend change which can lead to such huge response times for just 250 concurrent users? btw we tested this with k6 and locust.
Thanks a lot!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose