Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Delphi Survey using LimeSurvey CE

• msalum1
  • msalum1's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago #232135 by msalum1
Delphi Survey using LimeSurvey CE was created by msalum1
Please help us help you and fill where relevant:
Your LimeSurvey version: [see right hand bottom of your LimeSurvey admin screen] LimeSurvey Community Edition (CE) v.  5.4.0+220913
Own server or LimeSurvey hosting: I am not sure. My organization gave me the admin account. 
Survey theme/template: two rounds of Delphi survey 
==================
 Hello. I'm a master's student at the University of Alberta here on Canada. My team plans to do an online Delphi survey, two rounds, using LimeSurvey Community Edition. I want to ask what plugin I should use and how to add it. In the first round, respondents will be asked to rate a list of statements and the option to write comments. In the second round, respondents will need to see their responses from round 1 and the aggregate response of respondents. Any recommendation to do so? 

Will appreciate your response. 
Marlo 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
1 year 7 months ago #232162 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Delphi Survey using LimeSurvey CE
I don't think that there is a plugin to do this for you.

I assume you know the respondents and thus you will use a token based survey, correct?

So after the first round, you will have to extend your participants table with some custom attributes, for at least their responses. The aggregate responses you could already include directly into the survey, as they will be the same for everyone.

But their specific answers you will need to save into custom attributes in the participant / token table and then pipe them into the survey via expressions script, something like this {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1}.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• msalum1
  • msalum1's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago #232366 by msalum1
Replied by msalum1 on topic Delphi Survey using LimeSurvey CE
Hello Holch. Thanks for the response! I just met my team this afternoon and talked about your insights. Yes, we know our respondents and will be using token.

I'll try to find a thread or in the manual on extending the participants' table and how to pipe. Is there a thread about it that you can recommend? I'm still navigating Lime and playing around with it.

• Joffm
More
1 year 7 months ago #232371 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Delphi Survey using LimeSurvey CE

extending the participants' table

[url] manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_participants/en#Manage_attributes [/url]

how to pipe

As @holch: {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1}, {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_2},...,{TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_73}
It's always the same procedure, if you pipe answers of a previous questions or content of a token (like "firstname") or an additional attribute of the token.
[url] manual.limesurvey.org/ExpressionScript_e..._a_previous_question [/url]

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose