Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

The survey says that nobody has completed the survey and it is not true

• isabelgmail
  • isabelgmail's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #200571 by isabelgmail
Hello guys,

I am carrying out a study that requires to respond a questionnaire , being all items mandatory.

I have tested the survey and when I reach the end of it, it shows the farewell message (thank you for your collaboration...) So far so good, , but when I login again as the owner of the survey, Limesurvey says that nobody has cumplimented the survey, and it is not true. Instead of that, shows that there are 3 "not completed" responses ( which is true), but I have no feedback about completed responses.

I do not know what I am doing wrong, ¿Should be at the end of the survey a " send it" buttom?
I would appreciate a lot any response!
Thank you in advance,
Isabel

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by isabelgmail.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
3 years 10 months ago #200599 by holch
Sometimes I have the feeling that the platform needs some time to account for all responses. Seems odd, but I had this case already. Don't know why.

At the end of the survey there should be a button "submit". Only when this button is pressed the survey is considered to be completed. You should then see the "end message" page. But this seems to be your case.

Not sure what the problem is.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• isabelgmail
More
3 years 10 months ago #200658 by isabelgmail
Hi Holch!
Thank you for your answer!
I also thought that the responses needed time to be recorded...but 48h later there were none of them...

I think that there is not a "submit" buttom...only a "next" buttom...and the "end message"...
  • Joffm
More
3 years 10 months ago #200662 by Joffm
Hi,

I do not know what I am doing wrong, ¿Should be at the end of the survey a " send it" buttom?

As we do not see your survey, we can not say what you are doing wrong.
Usually there is this button on the last page of the questionnaire

If by some reasons there is a condition on this last page that it is not displayed, the respondent will only see the "siguiente" of the previous page.
But this is only advisable in cases that you chain two surveys by end-url.

I can only imagine that there is a "thank you" message on some last page of the questionnaire. So respondents think "It's done" and close the browser.

So i advise that you provide your survey as lss export that we get a deeper insight.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Attachments:
  • isabelgmail
More
3 years 10 months ago #200663 by isabelgmail
That´s it!

There is a "thank you message" and I think this is the problem.
I have tested a 2 question suervey without thank you message and there was no problem at all!

I will delete this final message...I really think this is the problem.

THANK YOUU!!!
  • holch
More
3 years 10 months ago #200696 by holch
Put the final message in the "end message" field, not as a "text display", then you can have the thank you message, but it will only appear once the survey is "submitted" and thus should be recorded as complete in the statistics.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose