How to upgrade

More
2 months 1 hour ago #170054 by norman
norman created the topic: How to upgrade
Got version 1.92+ build 120919 and need to update to a better version due to security flaws but want to know how to do this as currently got surveys and don't want to lose them? Any advise/link to instructions on how to upgrade would be great?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 minutes ago #170058 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: How to upgrade
Given the age of your version, the safest route would probably be to create a new instance of 3.x and port your surveys via .lsa export/import.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #170069 by holch
holch replied the topic: How to upgrade
I agree with Tony. You are many major versions behind and I don't think anyone tested this upgrade path. In generally I recommend a new instance for new major versions, but of course this might be complicated with huge installations. But given that you have such an old version still running, you are probably not using it very frequently anyway, so you probably don't have that many users and surveys, so it should be no big deal to set up a new installation in parallel, configure the installation, create the users, and export/import the surveys

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!