Upgrading an old Database

More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #167223 by davidphi
Hi,

I have an old (v2.50+, DB ver 259) limesurvey installation, where a previous employee made some undocumented changes to the code. We haven't been able to perform a comfort upgrade because of this and, for various reasons want to move servers too.

So - all I really have is a ver 259 DB, backed up from the current installation. If I try to move this to a new installation (the latest from the limesurvey site, currently v3.6.2 db ver 348), I get an Error 500 error when I try to connect to the admin site - I manually edited the config.php file to reflect the new DB name and string.

If I delete the config.php file, I am prompted to configure the initial settings, LS detects my DB, but as soon as it redirects over to the admin site I get the error 500.

I have enabled ssl_emergency_overide = true as the original install had forced HTTPS - the test one doesn't yet.

Does the DB have any configuration stored within it? Eg URL, path, PHP version, mySQL version etc? I tried enabling debug in config.php, but there didn't seem to be any logs created in application/logs/

Thanks,
David
Last edit: 1 year 1 week ago by davidphi. Reason: Add logging info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LimeSurvey Partners

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!