Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

LimeSurvey is sending empty emails to the participants

• ozansonmez
  • ozansonmez's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #160526 by ozansonmez
Hi,
I am using limeSurvey on my survey.ieeemef.com but i have a problem,

I have to do anonymous polls but it must include pins that are not traceble from the results screen. I sorted out that and i uploaded my 77 person csv file. But when i try to sent notificions via LimeSurvey ; it just sends empty mail. I tried to change the text but it is all same. It always sending empty mails nothing else. Please help;

The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 4 months ago #160532 by Joffm
Hi,
1. please provide a sample of your participants table where you uploaded the 77 persons.

And what are you going to do?
Are you going to send the invitations to the participants, or do you talk about the notification after they completed the survey?

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • ozansonmez
More
6 years 4 months ago #160536 by ozansonmez
Hi, i am able to get participants from csv file. I need to send them emails about their poll information from participants section on the limesurvey. System sends email but none of the things i wrote appears on mail.I am attaching the detailed screenshots.

Thanks. Ozan

• LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #160557 by LouisGac
Please, try to disable HTML email to see if it fixes the problem.
Survey Settings -> tokens -> Use HTML format for token emails: off
  • ozansonmez
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #160560 by ozansonmez

LouisGac wrote: Please, try to disable HTML email to see if it fixes the problem.
Survey Settings -> tokens -> Use HTML format for token emails: off

i tried it. Now, it is not sending emails

Edit : When I install LS with Softaculous Installer on cPanel, I am facing with some complex problems. For example you are not able to change admin on LS panel after you decide the email that admin will use on Softaculous panel. ( you are able to but the changes that you made on LS panel does not change anything on the code ). There are few bugs like this on Softaculous script. I wrote you guys a ticket but i do not own a enterprise package so i really need this forum's help immidiately. ( We are a local IEEE Student Branch in Turkey. Since our organization is non-profit; we are not able to buy things like LimeSurvey )
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by ozansonmez.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #160563 by LouisGac
Softaculous doesn't really work for LimeSurvey, we have a lot of bug reports for them.
You should just not use it at all and install LimeSurvey manually: it's not that hard, you just need to extract a zip file in your web directory.
  • ozansonmez
More
6 years 4 months ago #160564 by ozansonmez
Okay i will delete and try it on my own. Do we need to create any databases for the LimeSurvey script when installing manually ? I'm asking about it because i am not experienced about it.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose