Seeing changes takes a few minutes

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #157622 by duncan_cramer
duncan_cramer created the topic: Seeing changes takes a few minutes
Hi

I have just installed lime survey without any issues. I can create a survey and questions without hassles, but if I do certain things, I can't see the changes for a few minutes.

i.e.
  • If I save a list as a label set, it doesn't appear in the pre-defined label sets for about 5 minute.
    If I edit the text of a question, it doesn't show if i view List Questions for about 5 minutes
    If I add a question assigning a code, such as Q4 and then save and close, I won't see it in the List Questions section. But if I try and add it again, using the same code, it says it already exists.
    If I edit a question, the change doesn't show, also for a few minutes.

This doesn't make any sense to me. Help?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago - 3 months 4 weeks ago #157625 by duncan_cramer
duncan_cramer replied the topic: Seeing changes takes a few minutes
I've now found my first error, and maybe it will shed some light.

I was in List Questions view, and I selected to questions then used the drop-down at the bottom to delete them. I then got the following error message:

PHP Error [500]
AdminController cannot find the requested view "/admin/survey/Question/massive_actions/_action_results".

But after selecting CLOSE on the message box, the questions were deleted anyway.
Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by duncan_cramer.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #157629 by duncan_cramer
duncan_cramer replied the topic: Seeing changes takes a few minutes
Ok. So I'm pretty sure it's a caching issue. I have checked permissions and even recreated tmp folders but the issue remains.

So for some reason, there is a time delay from the time you make a change to when you can see the change, which doesn't happen on limesurvey's server but is happening on mine.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!