Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Default Messages editing

More
6 years 7 months ago #157248 by Libi
Default Messages editing was created by Libi
I was trying to edit few default messages ( eg. "This question is mandatory", Please select most 4 option) How we can edit this. Is anything available in template or C panel?
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #157249 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Default Messages editing
Hi, libi,
in this case you have to edit the translation file.
Here what is in the manual about it.

Customize an existing translation

Sometimes you want to modify an existing translation so it accommodates your particular survey situation better. In that case do the following:

Go to translate.limesurvey.org (external link), pick the LimeSurvey version you want to translate for and the particular language you want to modify.
On the bottom of the translation page you will find an option to export all strings as .po file. Do that and save it as *.po file to your local harddisk:

Download and install poEDIT
Start poEdit end edit the downloaded *.po file - modify the particular translations.
Save. When you save the .po file then automatically a .mo file is created too. That is the one LimeSurvey will read from.
Place the particular .mo file in the right language folder in /locale by replacing the existing one - for example for French this would be /locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/fr.po
Done.

You find more in the manual " manual.limesurvey.org/LimeSurvey_Manual#Translating_LimeSurvey "

So you export your language file as *.po file and edit it with poedit. (e.g. poedit.net/ )

Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Joffm. Reason: Ergänzung
  • holch
More
6 years 7 months ago #157285 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Default Messages editing
What Joffm says.

However, keep in mind that with an update of the software your modifications can be overwritten.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #159540 by manasa
Replied by manasa on topic Default Messages editing
Hi I am trying to change the default text shown on 'Save your unfinished survey' page. Could you help me find the location of the text?

I am using Version 2.67.3+170728

Thanks,
Manasa
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by manasa.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose