Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

login issue

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #149676 by sabu
login issue was created by sabu
Hi,

I added 10 users and gave them permissions to "Create Survey" (I am teaching a research methods class and would like students to each create their own survey). However most (but not all) of them were not able to log in, they received a message stating "You have exceeded the number of maximum login attempts. Please wait 10 minutes before trying again." Waiting 10 minutes didn't work. Does anyone know what the problem may be here?

Thanks.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #149680 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic login issue

sabu wrote: However most (but not all) of them were not able to log in, they received a message stating "You have exceeded the number of maximum login attempts. Please wait 10 minutes before trying again."

Did that happened when all students were in one room (= using the same internet access)?

Other posts seem indicate that this happens only with a lot of people at one installation at one place.
www.limesurvey.org/forum/installation-a-...empts-please-wait-10

www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/955...al-attempts-of-login

My educated guess. If you have ten users and three of them make a mistype the locking will count three failed attempts if the internet-access is shared via one IP. I think we need an easier access to finetune this security feature. The second link shows a way to change config on the server. Perhaps you can consult the webadmin of the LimeSurvey installation to help you with that.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: sabu
More
7 years 2 weeks ago #149682 by sabu
Replied by sabu on topic login issue
Yes that was exactly the situation, all 10 students were sitting in one class, using the same wifi network. Thanks for this insight, I will look into changing the config file.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose