Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Updating Limesurvey 2.06+ build 150831 fails.

• Innervate
  • Innervate's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #147385 by Innervate
Hello

Recently we have been updating our limesurvey.
Up until 2.06 this went without problems, from that point on i keep getting problems i cannot solve or maybe fail to understand.

I am trying to update from Version 2.06 build 150831 to 2.59.1 build 170116 with comfortupdate.
Currently using a free key.
The Pre-installation check gives an "ok" on all points.
Change log seems to be fine not anything I can change.
File system: All files in local directories are writable. So i click continue and the following error appears:
you have an error, or a notice, inside your local installation of limesurvey. See :

And that is it, no additional information, my attempts on googling led me to errors with an actual cause.
Maybe someone here has an idea what i am doing wrong, i will do my best to give the information needed.

Current Limesurvey version: 2.06+ build 150831
Ubuntu version: 14.04.4 LTS
Apache2 version: 2.4.7
PHP version: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.20
The settings for the Limesurvey directory are set on 775 with me being the owner.

On a side note, I would get the Premium Limesurvey package if that would avoid this problem but i am afraid the error will occur even then. Also my knowledge on Linux is rather basic.
The topic has been locked.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #147387 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic Updating Limesurvey 2.06+ build 150831 fails.

Innervate wrote: On a side note, I would get the Premium Limesurvey package if that would avoid this problem but i am afraid the error will occur even then.

Yep, the comfortUpdate is the very same. I bet it's a server configuration problem or something. I will provide you a tarball to update later today.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose