Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

LS 2.57.1 build161205 : a user can see all usergroups

More
7 years 2 months ago #146567 by mbr
Hello,

I've updated a LS 2.50+ Build 160506 in 2.57.1 build161205.
I've not modified the permissions on groups, but in 2.50 the users can only see their usergroups and in 2.57 they can see all usergroups.
Users are autocreated with these permissions on usergroups :
'usergroups'=>array('create'=>true,'read'=>true,'delete'=>true,'update'=>true)

I think it's a bug but can you please confirm to me that's not the right behaviour?

Thank's by advance
Best
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 2 months ago #146604 by DenisChenu
I think it's a bug in 2.50 version.

usercontrolSameGroupPolicy : manual.limesurvey.org/Optional_settings#Security available in General setting / Security tab.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
7 years 2 months ago #146606 by mbr
This is what we can read "Set to true by default. By default non-admin users defined in the LimeSurvey management interface will only be able to see users they create or users that belongs to at least one same group."

On my 2.50 AND 2.57 this setting is set to true. It works in 2.50, but there's a bug in 2.57. Non-admin users, in LS 2.57 build161205 can see all users too, there's another bug with users in 2.57.
So do i have to submit one or two bugs in Mantis?

THanks by advance for your answer
Marc
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 2 months ago #146608 by DenisChenu

mbr wrote: This is what we can read "Set to true by default. By default non-admin users defined in the LimeSurvey management interface will only be able to see users they create or users that belongs to at least one same group."

On my 2.50 AND 2.57 this setting is set to true. It works in 2.50, but there's a bug in 2.57. Non-admin users, in LS 2.57 build161205 can see all users too, there's another bug with users in 2.57.
So do i have to submit one or two bugs in Mantis?

THanks by advance for your answer
Marc

Hi,

OK, this settings is complex to underqtand ;) difference betwwen can and can not .... :dry:

Little more clear here : manual.limesurvey.org/Global_settings#Security

Then if
1. This settings is checked in GUI
2. All your user see all other users without group control (if i remind : they must be in a group)
Then : i think you can report the bug :).

If you have another bug : think you can report 2 bugs ;)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mbr
More
7 years 2 months ago #146609 by mbr
Ok thanks, my usercontrolSameGroupPolicy setting is set to True as you can see in the screenshot and my non-admin users can see all users, so i've submitted a bug ( bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=12028 )

I will submit a second bug for the usergroups view
Thanks

I think we can close this topic
Best
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose