Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Active survey, some questions doesn't record the answers

• Socialinnova
  • Socialinnova's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #146143 by Socialinnova
I have a big problem.

I',m working with limesurvey 2.56. I have an active survey with 56 questions. After 500 survey responses, I realize that in 4 questions there are no aswers recorded, despite when you did the survey the questions appear and participants answer to it.

Regarding the 4 questions, one is a numeric entry, the other three are yes or no type questions. The 3 yes or no questions type have conditions related to an equation type question. When I exported the results or I try to see statisitics in lime srvey menu, these questions doesn't have answers.

Thank you very much

Please help me, Could I
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 2 months ago #146146 by jelo
If the answers are not recorded even though the questions are displayed then there is a technical issue.
Attaching the whole spanish survey won't help that much. Make a smaller survey with just the relevant questions. Or post the relevant question codes to know where to look in the survey.

The survey is conducted in group mode, right?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • Socialinnova
More
7 years 2 months ago #146157 by Socialinnova
The survey is runed in closed group mode, yes.

The questions codes are A28, A281, A282, A283
More
7 years 2 months ago #146164 by jelo
I would first try to enable some questions as mandatory. You seem to handle nonresponse via AQQ.
I currently cannot confirm that questions are shown but answers are not saved.
To me it looks like a condition/relevance issue in your routing. Quite complex. I cannot debug in detail cause I am not that fluent in Spanish. While doing some tests other Y/N questions where saved.
I used the demo installation of Limesurvey (demo.limesurvey.org). you might upload the survey there and do a test on your own.
Can you reproduce it on demo.limesurvey.org?

• Socialinnova
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #146165 by Socialinnova
I run and test the survey in demo.limesurvey.org

Same issue happened, I saved two responses then exported results, and answers were not recorded.

I put the questions as mandatory, but I have the same issue.

The conditions are related to a equation type question.

Now, in the demo survey I edited the 2 questions you need to answer wich are related in conditions to the problematic questions as mandatory. And I wrote in the questions the problem recording the answers, in order thsat you are able to test the survey and identify the questions.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Socialinnova.
More
7 years 2 months ago #146179 by jelo

Socialinnova wrote: Now, in the demo survey I edited the 2 questions you need to answer wich are related in conditions to the problematic questions as mandatory. And I wrote in the questions the problem recording the answers, in order thsat you are able to test the survey and identify the questions.

Surveys on demo.limesurvey.org are getting erased from time to time. So don't save/edit surveys for others to pick up.
I had no problem identifying the questions since you mentioned the questioncodes.
If there is technical bug you won't be able to isolate it without decomposing the survey.

There are currently numeric fields like A28, where the input width is set to 8%. That is very small.
Set the "Input box width" to a higher value. I was able to enter a value in A28 when raising the width.
The entered value was saved in the responses.

• Socialinnova
More
7 years 2 months ago #146199 by Socialinnova
Even when I edited the box widht up to 33%, questions didn't record.
Even when i edited as mandatory the questions, I had the same problem.

What could I do to recovery the answers I lost?
More
7 years 2 months ago #146200 by jelo

Socialinnova wrote: What could I do to recovery the answers I lost?

There will be no recovery if answers weren't saved in the database.

I'm sorry that the numeric question didn't show any result. I had a saved result for the a28.
But it needs to work on your installation. So your best chance to get a working survey is to decompose it.
Make a copy of the survey and remove every condition. Remove everything beside the 4 questions.
Test this little survey. Is it now saving results. Yes or no. If no, there is a technical issue. If yes, you can add things again.
That would be my approach.

Other approach is to wait for someone with a similar issue to answer. Not sure how long your survey keeps running.

Third approach is contacting LimeSurvey GmbH or LimeSurvey Partners and ask for consulting.
Which will cost you some money.

But none of the approaches above will recover data which was never saved.

• Socialinnova
More
7 years 2 months ago #146472 by Socialinnova
I fixed the issue. :laugh:

The problem was related to setting conditions in a question that is related to an equation type question.

I created an equation type question were depending on the answers before it displays a number. Then, I set conditions for the answers A28, A281, A282, A283 wich were related to the numbers of the equation type question.

In doing so, answers in question A28, A281, A282 and A283 were not record.

To fix the issue was quite simple:

Instead of setting conditions, I just edited directly in the relevance equation for the questions A28, A281, A282 and A283 the equation wich was in the equation type question, so no need to create and equation type question and then set conditions, if I just write it directly in the relevance equation everything works well.

Thank you and a happy new year!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose