Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Migrating site to Windows WAPP

• fpicabia
  • fpicabia's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #145707 by fpicabia
Migrating site to Windows WAPP was created by fpicabia
The current site runs Lime Survey fine on Linux, but the boss would like it to run on Windows as a WAMP server.

We are presently on Postgres, so I made the target a WAPP system. Apache is 2.4.23 64 bit VC14. PHP is 7.0.13 64 bit VC14. Postgres is EnterpriseDB's binary of 9.6.1 64 bit.

It is possible to install with a fresh database on the development Windows box. The only problem I've seen so far in the fresh install case is authentication with the same LDAP auth settings as on production is failing. At least I get the login page to come up with a fresh install.

If I take the database dump from Linux and bring it into Windows with psql surveys < dumpfile.sql type of import, the tables are brought in OK, and psql connection test passes, but the web site will not load. There is no error in the log even with debug on. Developer trace of Network and Console information from Firefox doesn't reveal much - just a 302 code returned.

It is easy to switch between the test install and the imported database by just changing the database name in config.php. It would point to something being odd in the database dump from Linux.
The topic has been locked.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 months ago #145708 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic Migrating site to Windows WAPP
Does the boss have a computer science degree?
  • fpicabia
  • fpicabia's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #145712 by fpicabia
Replied by fpicabia on topic Migrating site to Windows WAPP
Thanks for the humor.

I found the issue with the imported DB version of the site. It was configured to require SSL/TLS. I was putting off the secure configuration until it was tested some. I could see in wget what it was trying to do. The site loads now with the imported DB. I don't know why it couldn't set up a new user and auth with a fresh install, but it doesn't really matter if the migrated DB is able to work with LDAP OK.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #145721 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Migrating site to Windows WAPP

fpicabia wrote: The current site runs Lime Survey fine on Linux, but the boss would like it to run on Windows as a WAMP server.

This is a joke !

LouisGac post is not a joke, your boss is a joke .....

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: post
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouisGac

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose