Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Learning Expressions and End of Question Reporting

More
7 years 3 months ago #145064 by ukcpi
Hi,

I'm struggling to get my head around using expressions and outputting results in a report format at the end of questions for the user who fills it in - the documentation is either out of date or very high level.

What I need is a very simple step by step tutorial that shows the logic set up with a few questions. "If this question chosen then output this result at end of the form."

Another solution might be importing an existing form where some of the expression and report features were included - I noticed that was possible.

Can anyone help?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 3 months ago #145066 by holch
There are loads of examples in the documentation with sample surveys.
Out of date can't really be because there have been very little changes to the Expression Manager since it has been implemented. Only because the screenshots might not be exactly as your interface, the information should still be valid.

Expression manager is quite mighty and "a simple step by step tutorial" will not do it.

My advice: Look at the examples given in the expression manager manual. Try to build some of the examples on your own to get your head around it. You will see it is not that complicated. Here a few pages that you should definitely give a thorough reading:
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager_Sample_Surveys
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager_HowTos
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager_Examples

Once you have specific questions, I am sure people in the forum will be more than happy to help you.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose