Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Issue with quota filling empty response

• YvesLanglois
  • YvesLanglois's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #142771 by YvesLanglois
Issue with quota filling empty response was created by YvesLanglois
Hello,

I set a quota question with a limit of 0. The first question in the Survey ask if the participant wants to complete the Survey. Answering no will quit the Survey. If I set no welcome screen, the first page is the quota question. The participant can click refresh on this page and an empty response is saved in the database each time!!! I made an example here:
demo.limesurvey.org/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=823412&lang=en

If I display the welcome screen, then after clicking next the participant see the quota question. He can refresh the page and have an empty response saved but there is a warning from the browser (must resend information...).

The quota still works and the participant can fill the Survey or quit. However there are empty responses in the database that need to be deleted manually.

Thank you for your help.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 6 months ago #142781 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Issue with quota filling empty response

YvesLanglois wrote: The participant can click refresh on this page and an empty response is saved in the database each time!!! However there are empty responses in the database that need to be deleted manually.

You should use a quota exit with an autoload URL. That way no one is reentering the survey directly.
Since you don't want to conduct a survey on the demoserver, check that on your installation.
There are issues sometimes while testing surveys.
But you won't be able to prevent a entry in the responses database for every new visit. Even when the quota is on the first question.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose