Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to set everyone to use LDAP auth with DB update query?

• fpicabia
  • fpicabia's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #141275 by fpicabia
Somehow the upgrade from 2.05 to 2.50 touched the " Use LDAP authentication" selection for some people.

I'm looking for a way to repair it from the database end.

It looks like I need auth_ldap permission in lime_permissions set with read_p as '1'.
Some users have the auth_ldap record, and others don't, so a simple update command doesn't fix all.

How can I walk through the userids over some minimum value and insert the right sequence for each?
This is in postgres.
The topic has been locked.
  • fpicabia
More
7 years 7 months ago #141385 by fpicabia
I have seen a legacy user who has the Global Permission checked for "Use LDAP authentication" on the admin web page. Yet searching on all settings in lime_permissions table for their uid, I do not see a row with "auth_ldap". New users set up on the system do have auth_ldap permission added. What is the other value in the backend which can cause "Use LDAP authentication" to be switched on? The example I saw with the option checked yet not via the DB value for auth_ldap had over one hundred of lime_permissions values. So it is hard to guess what does it.
  • fpicabia
More
7 years 7 months ago #141474 by fpicabia
OK, no one provided info on how the LDAP was selected for some users already while they did not have the record in lime_permissions table for auth_ldap (I am typing this in lower case and the forum software is changing it to uppercase).

My solution was to make a Unix shell script which generated lines like this:

insert into lime_permissions (entity_id,uid,permission,read_p,entity) values ('0', '254', 'auth_ldap', '1', 'global');

The uid (254 in example) was a variable in a shell script for loop. Then I read that file into psql with \i filename.

In a legacy user which already had LDAP checked in the user interface but did not have the matching attribute in lime_permissions table, adding the new row didn't hurt authentication.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 7 months ago #141553 by holch
I think there are not that many on the forum that use this feature, so this is probably why you haven't received an answer yet.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose