Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

MySQL version downgrade

More
7 years 6 months ago #140859 by ggna
MySQL version downgrade was created by ggna
Hi,

I succeded installing LimeSurvey 2.50 plus build 160817 on my linux laptop (where I can be root), and I am now trying to install it on a website at a remote domain provider (where I do not have full control).

The installation gets stuck at the MySQL version check: 5.5.3 required, whereas 5.0.92 available on the remote server.

People at the provider seem not too willing to upgrade MySQL (I wonder why ... ).

My question is: would it be too harmful to "downgrade" the MySQL version requirement, by editing the following line:

$sMinimumMySQLVersion='5.5.3';

in the installation/configuration file:

application/controllers/InstallerController.php

In other words, how critical is the MySQL version to the present release of LimeSurvey?

Many thanks in advance.

Giuseppe.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 6 months ago #140870 by ggna
Replied by ggna on topic MySQL version downgrade
It seems that having MySQL >= 5.5.3 *is* a critical issue, in order to install LimeSurvey.

I tried "downgrading" the minimum MySQL version required for installation, as explained above, and this produced an:

Internal Server Error
CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1115 Unknown character set: 'utf8mb4'

This is indeed documented as an error occurring when trying to restore a MySQL dump produced by a MySQL with different version.

See:

stackoverflow.com/questions/21911733/err...haracter-set-utf8mb4
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose