Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Question Groups - Seting Relevance

• nboland
  • nboland's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #139950 by nboland
Question Groups - Seting Relevance was created by nboland
Hi -

I am creating a survey and have encountered some difficulties in trying to set the question group relevance.

I am asking users whether they have had any vacation, and if they say yes - they will then be asked whether this was a full week's vacation or partial week's vacation. We want to make all other question group in this survey irrelevant if a user selects "full week vacation".

We also want to set a second condition for some of the following question groups so that the group will only appear if a user selects "Yes" on the last question of the previous Q group.

Can anyone advise on how to do this?

I have referred to the manual but have been unable to get this working, (sometimes none of the sections will appear even if a condition is met, other times none are hidden even if a condition is met).

Thanks,
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 7 months ago #139956 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Question Groups - Seting Relevance

nboland wrote: I have referred to the manual but have been unable to get this working, (sometimes none of the sections will appear even if a condition is met, other times none are hidden even if a condition is met).

What kind of help do you expect?
If the manual eg. ( manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Access_to_Variables ) won't help you might post you question with answercodes which should be used for group relevance.

The manual link posted above shown a table with a relevance column.
Let's start with a Yes/No Question. You want to show certain question groups only when the answer is yes.
The group relevance would be {NAMEOFQUESTION=='Y'}

You will have to add the relevance for "partial week's vacation" to prevent that this questiongroup is shown when full week vaction is answered. You can use "AND" to combine two or more relevance statements logical.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose