Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Screen jumping when entering response

• FromOz
  • FromOz's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #139173 by FromOz
Hi folks

I've set up some questions to gather percentage of time doing various things. The questions are set up using multiple numeric question type.

If I don't set "equals sum value" all is good, but, I want to ensure what is entered = 100%. When I set "equals sum value" to 100 the screen jumps every time a digit is entered. A quick screencast to illustrate what I mean can be seen here .

As you can see it's more than a little annoying. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, either way, any ideas how to stop it? (I assume it's something to do with it checking if the entries add up to 100 which I can understand checking on submission or changing page but not on entering a digit.)

Any pointers much appreciated.
H
Limesurvey 2.50+ Build 160512
Theme: default
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #139178 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Screen jumping when entering response
Hi,

Maybe an issue with your build, try the survey in demo.limesurvey.org/index.php?r=admin/authentication/sa/login if you have same think : bug must be reported .

After make some test : it's due to "hide tip" : uncheck it : it fix the issue PARTIALLY ( blink red/grey/green).

BUT : there are still an issue : the tip must not hide and show after.And without hide tipe : rted help goes to green and red after. It's not the case in 2.06 (no blink)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by DenisChenu.
  • FromOz
  • FromOz's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #139180 by FromOz
Replied by FromOz on topic Screen jumping when entering response
Thanks for looking into it so quickly.

The "Hide tip" does make a difference but it still flickers a little. It's 4 am here so I really need to grab some sleep but I notice there's a new release so I'll upgrade and will look into it again later tonight.

Thanks again :)
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 8 months ago #139187 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Screen jumping when entering response
Yes, this is clearly a bug ....

It's really better if you can report it and put the link here :)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
7 years 7 months ago #139410 by simonbcfa
Replied by simonbcfa on topic Screen jumping when entering response
Hi All

From Oz is my boss and has asked me to look at it

From what I can tell the issue lies with the html in the help box checking if the percentages equal 100%. This happens on every input in the text-field. There may be a better fix in the javascript on how it is checked and the replacement of the help element but i fixed it by adding the following css at the end of template.css in the template editor

.questionvalidcontainer {
max-height: 78px;
}

This gives the element a base height and makes it not not shrink and expand on every change, I found 78px was the sweet spot.

Anyway see if that helps

S

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose