Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Problem with search engine + editing after 160606 update

More
7 years 10 months ago #137517 by Dorak
Hi everyone!

To start off I'd like to say that I'm on the" layman user" end of the spectrum so I'd like to apologize if I say something completely stupid. Our company have been using LimeSurvey for quite a while now. We currently have two super important surveys running. We get a ton of calls every day that require immediate action so we really need the application to run fast and smoothly. This morning thee app looked completely different. Apparently there was a security update overnight. Now obviously the different look doesn't bother us but a lot of previously really well functioning features have disappeared. There is no separate search engine anymore (meaning the little magnifying glass that opened a new search tab:)) There are only search filters on top of each column. This would be fine but with the additional attributes they do not work at all! We had this problem before but didn't care much because we could use the separate search box. The "click in" editing of attributes doesn't work anymore either. I can still click on the "pencil" icon and edit in a new tab but the previous method was much faster. Our tech support team is kind of lost right now so if any of you have any suggestions we'd really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 10 months ago #137546 by jelo

Dorak wrote: This morning thee app looked completely different. Apparently there was a security update overnight. Now obviously the different look doesn't bother us but a lot of previously really well functioning features have disappeared.

Who did the update? It looks like your limesurvey installation got an upgrade from LS 2.0X to the stable LS 2.5.
There is nothing you can do beside updating and reporting bugs or missing features. Or revert to the former version of LS.

Or you are just talking about the token screen.
There seems to be a change. Another posted a question about that issue here:
www.limesurvey.org/forum/news/104876-lim...0606-released#137520
This user also posted a bug report. Might be your issue:
bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=11359

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
7 years 10 months ago #137547 by Ben_V

jelo wrote: There is nothing you can do beside updating and reporting bugs or missing features. Or revert to the former version of LS.

Another solution - I don't know if really recommended but at least working - is to install aside the 2.5 version a 2.06lts version sharing the same db.
You just have to edit the 2.06 application/config/version .php file to avoid the db update when login to the 2.06 admin:

Code:
$config['updatable'] = false;

Like this, you can still access (for several purposes) a rock solid LS version if needed, between 2.5 updates... Of course, until the day when this unexpected db compatibility will end.

I use this trick since 2 months without facing any evident issue.

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 10 months ago #137586 by DenisChenu
I don't see any potential issue when using a 2.06 on a 2.50 DB.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben_V

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose