Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Timer stopps all survey participants, not just the person who exceeded the time

• max12
  • max12's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #136779 by max12
Hi, in an experiment we use the timer function. If participant do not make an input on the page, where we use the timer, they are send to another page, overleaping a few pages. We defined a condition, that these pages will only be displayed if the participant makes an input >0 on the page with the timer. Since the participant cannot make any input, once h has exceeded the time limit, this condition is not fulfilled and the participants, who exceeded the time-limit, overleaps those pages. The problem we have now, is that not only the participant who exceeded the time limit overleaps those pages, but in fact any new participant. If we restart the experiment using a different computer as server for limesurvey the problem disappears, but only as long, until some other participants exceeds the time limit. Then again all new participants overleap the pages. It seems the program saves something on the local hard-drive. How can this function be stopped? The timer should only stop the one person, who actually exceeds the time, not everybody else. Many thanks for your help! Max
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 9 months ago #136862 by DenisChenu
Timer system use cookies on the browser : then if you use same browser : youy have this "issue". Desired behaviuor actually.

But a plugin can update cookies.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose