Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Admin login loop, out of nowhere

• pandabarry01
  • pandabarry01's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #136487 by pandabarry01
Admin login loop, out of nowhere was created by pandabarry01
Hi, I have been using Limesurvey for a few months and everything has been working rather well, but this morning I tried to log in and I got into a login loop (login page refreshes after every login attempt). I even tried wrong usernames and passwords, but nothing happens. I haven't reinstalled anything or moved anything from the server, so I think it just started out out of nowhere... I also tried to change the password, but whenever I enter my email, I get "email failed" (and this is the first time it happens, as I have already forgotten my password in the past and was able to reset it normally).

Any thoughts?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #136490 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Admin login loop, out of nowhere
Hmmm, completely out of nowhere seems pretty unlikely.

- any updates on the webserver? e.g. upgrades, updates of the server os, etc?
- are you the only administrator of the server (e.g. a root server) or who is the administrator?
- did you run an update for Limesurvey lately?
- when was the last time you were logged into LS? Whad did you do during this session?
- what is your limesurvey version?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by holch.
  • pandabarry01
  • pandabarry01's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #136491 by pandabarry01
Replied by pandabarry01 on topic Admin login loop, out of nowhere
- any updates on the webserver? e.g. upgrades, updates of the server os, etc? --> I think this is the only plausible reason. I can't even manage to do anything with php when I ssh.
- are you the only administrator of the server (e.g. a root server) or who is the administrator? --> no, the server admin is someone else, I just emailed him to check if they was an update and forgot to tell me about it.
- did you run an update for Limesurvey lately? --> no
- when was the last time you were logged into LS? What did you do during this session? --> Yesterday. I generated a token for a person who offered to take one of my surveys.
- what is your limesurvey version? --> 2.50+

Thanks!
  • holch
More
7 years 9 months ago #136498 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Admin login loop, out of nowhere
This sound pretty much like they have changed something on the server, maybe the mysql database user doesn't exist or something.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
4 years 11 months ago #181957 by jorge_ici
Replied by jorge_ici on topic Admin login loop, out of nowhere
I had the same - annoying - issue. In my case, I have two installations: one made with cPanel, and other manual. In both, the admin login loop occurs. I solved the problem in Chrome > More Tools > Clear Browsing Data > Advanced > Time Range [All time] > Mark all options > Clear Data.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose