Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Import of old surveys with token completed field containing a trailing colon (:)

• duvemyster
  • duvemyster's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #136095 by duvemyster
Upon importing some old survey archives (.lsa) into version 2.50+, I ran into a couple of instances where the token table wouldn't display in 2.50+ after the import. No import error was reported. The token header row would display, but no contents loaded. However, token records were confirmed as present in the token summary.

It turned out that each of these token tables contained a few records where the completed field contained a trailing colon such as "2014-09-11 17:05:" instead of "2014-09-11 17:05". After deleting these trailing colons, each of these token tables then displayed properly. I did so within 2.06lts, then created a new archive, then re-imported it into version 2.50+, though it would seem to follow that correcting them directly in the database ought to have the same result.

I'm not sure how those trailing colons got there in the first place. All of the instance of this that I ran into were submission back in July, August, or September of 2014.

Anyway, I am am simply posting this here in case anyone else happens to run into this.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 10 months ago #136096 by holch
Thanks for mentioning.

Not sure if it is worth to record a bug report, maybe there is a solution to avoid this completely.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• duvemyster
More
7 years 10 months ago #136100 by duvemyster
I think a bug report might be premature until enough others begin running into it.

I suspect the same behavior might be experienced if I had upgraded an older version of limesurvey to 2.50+ before editing those token records, rather than importing the archive. But I didn't actually try that.
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 10 months ago #136115 by DenisChenu
Thnik there are 2 potential bug (maybe 3)
  1. Even with invalid value : token list must be shown : if you set manually 2014-09-11 17:05: in token table : the token table must be shown
  2. When import : i'm not sure we need to fix or no this value : the bug must be reported like this "invalid value are not filtered/validated" decision can be lto leave it like this
  3. And finally the export lsa/import lsa are not comaptible: did the : exist in 2.06 DB ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • duvemyster
More
7 years 10 months ago #136160 by duvemyster
@DennisChenu, yes the extra colon was in my 2.06 DB, with the token table loading fine there with it there.

Another thought -- is "check data integrity" meant to catch things like this as well?
  • DenisChenu
More
7 years 10 months ago #136167 by DenisChenu
Then
1 must be fixed : deprecated in 2.50

For check data integrity : maybe another bug report. Don't know

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • duvemyster
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #136177 by duvemyster
I submitted a bug report after testing this on a manual edit of a token record directly in 2.50+ (instead of importing an archive). See bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=11177
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by duvemyster. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose